Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How did you discover (Solar)Flare? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How did you discover (Solar)Flare?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't hijack the thread when I replied to your joke about the North Star. TSN didn't hijack the thread when he replied to your joke about the North Star.

You hijacked the thread when you blasted my reply. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay is right.. and i have a feeling that smackdown is bound to follow if you retort otherwise.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...said Vader to ObiWan.

TSN's post was funny, not insulting. In fact, I thought the exact same thing while I was writing about it: The North Star isn't exactly constant.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's any use, I read "doing so" as meaning "correcting people", as well.

But still, y'know, you two shut up now and stuff...

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend showed me the forums a while ago. I wasn't really interested at first, since I was unsure of how long I'd have an internet connection... But after that was settled I decided to register.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Flare!

I found it on EAS!

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I clicked on a link to this site from Aethelwer's site (Starfleet Ship Designs). That was back in 1999. I read posts here for years until I finally decided to join in July 2001. So it's all 100 percent Frank's fault.
It was either this or join TNO Forums...I believe I made the right choice.

--------------------
Meh

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I predate Tim!
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea how I ended up posting in this place... I know that I'd already known Charles for a while (Star Trekker chat???), but I think it was actually Jordan that brought me here. I lurked for something like six months, never posting, then finally one day jumped in.... gads, that was ages ago.... truly another lifetime. I couldn't even tell you which incarnation it was for sure, but I kinda think it was SFCR.

Since then I've never really posted regulary, but I check the forums daily.... Someday I may even reach Sr. member status [Wink]

I wonder, should I find a new, never before seen pic to post for the anniversary? Nah............. no fun in that.........

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

capped
Member # 709

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
I predate Tim!

an excellent way to avoid saying you came before him.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first post was on November 11th, 1997. I think I had come across Utopia Planitia and the board a few months earlier, in August, via a link someone had posted in (sigh) Yahoo! Chat. I was so young then. But it took me awhile to find the place, because, as I discovered eventually, behavior != behaviour.

"Where were the Quantum torps?" I wanted to know. I suppose I found out.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the vaguest of memories of being lured here from usenet's r.a.st.tech in fall '99 by... well, somebody. Anybody willing to confess?

I never knew UP in any of its incarnations, except through the "don't ask" comments here. About the only one here whose Trek work I was familiar with in advance was Bernd. After coming to Flare, I spent a few weeks in euphoric daze, clicking through the links to members' pages and discovering that yes, having Trek *is* superior to having a life, and no, you don't *always* turn into a Dixon when you reach Trek nirvana.

Timo Saloniemi

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz: I think you were here during the SFCR days, because I think the whole picture-posting fiasco happened at TNO during the stint between SFCR and Solarflare.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember when SFCR went crazy go nuts? Those were the days.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timmy~

That's right, isn't it? It was when I was still dating Eric and all of that.... hehehe.... I hadn't made my appearance felt enough at TNO an someone started a tread looking for me.... I do believe the Interrogation threads began VERY soon after that! [Wink]

Oh, how I loved the interrogation threads.... those were the days....

And Trek Sunday? SUCH a fan of that! Every sunday, I'd try to get out of work so that I could lock myself up in my dorm room and embrace the dorkiness that was me while chatting with y'all.... good times...... happier days, for sure.....

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps