Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » How did you discover (Solar)Flare? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: How did you discover (Solar)Flare?
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank G. sent me here in August 1998. Probably because he was tired of responding to my e-mails all alone. [Smile]

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I joined in 1999 along with my old bf. Now it's just me. I think I was looking for something about DS9 on Yahoo and came to this forum.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I was one of the poor unfortunate souls who got deleted after registering long time ago. Hell if I remember how I found it then, but I re-found it back in december or january looking for some obscure trek starship factoid on google. That or I found it through Spikes page or someone elses. Anyway here I am after 50 days and this I believe is my 250th post....Yay, Im a full fledged member!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam Xumucane:
You can all blame Frank for my presence. I was developing the galaxy for my own hard sci-fi show, and I stumbled onto Frank's Distant Horizon.

I still have my sketches for a logo for Distant Horizon... never posted them on the net though.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tora Regina:
AndrewR, do I know you?

That's what all the girls say to me [Frown]

[Smile]

BTW - I loved that E-C LCARS set up here. Very nice.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
I have the vaguest of memories of being lured here from usenet's r.a.st.tech in fall '99 by... well, somebody. Anybody willing to confess?Timo Saloniemi

I remember you from rasttech Timo. I thought it was great when you joined! You always had such good answers. Now... LOL! No - glad you came, and stayed... cause I did think it was just for a kick and you were going back to rasttech. [Smile]

--------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been here since the original forums @ TGL & UP.

And those of us who have survived are not old & wise. We're old and deranged.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been here since the original forums @ TGL & UP. Came in Via Chris Howell @ TGL.

And those of us who have survived are not old & wise. We're old and deranged.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The non-UP Forum wasn't TGL, as such. It was Trek Central.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I remember that name. Thats where I settled!
I knew I wouldn't have picked UP.
All those crazy people debating ship lengths and arguing over blurry blobs in screencaps [Wink]

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't find Flare, It was forced upon me by Charles in an attempt to convert me to the Forum way of life. Which was more or less successful. [Wink]

That, and I did a lot of help with the graphics work early on, and got curious. [Smile]

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jubilee:
got curious. [Smile]

Not the first time this has happened with you, eh?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps