Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » *I* thought it was funny!

Author Topic: *I* thought it was funny!
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to read this Lileks guy ( www.lileks.com ). Here's a small sample of today's "Bleat" (his on-line column, "The Daily Bleat").

We watched an X-Files episode I�d taped but never watched (Mondays, wherein Mulder and Scully keep reliving the same day over and over again until Data sends a message to break the loop, thereby preventing the Enterprise from colliding with Frasier.) (That�ll make sense to about three people, but I hope they enjoy it.)

I'll be! I must be one of the three!

(If ya wanna write him, his email addy is: [email protected])

------------------
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
--Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it too, but I'm not going to e-mail him and let him know. That's too weird.

------------------
I was right in the middle of a f*cking reptile zoo. And somebody was giving booze to these goddam things."
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

[This message has been edited by Cargile (edited June 29, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL* That's a good one!

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very funny

Actually, the entire time I watched that particular X-Files episode, I was half expecting Bill Murray to show up (wonders if anyone gets that)

And they say Hollywood has a lack of creativity.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

[This message has been edited by Chimaera (edited June 29, 1999).]

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LMAO* He knows his stuff. . . 8)
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never saw that X-Files. Mr.L must watch both shows. I knew there was something I liked about him.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

------------------
"You! Are you smarter than this one?"
-Ambassador Byleth to LaForge regarding Worf, TNG's "Liasons"

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind Bill Murray showing up, as long as they don't play that damn Sonny&Cher song!

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5:59

6:00

"So put your little hand in mine. . ." 8)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(sings) I got you babe, I got you babe

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oddly enough, I get all of that. I either:

A) Have too much free time on my hands.

B) Have just coincidentally seen all of those TV series/episodes/movies in a strange twist of fate.

I prefer to think of the latter as the first would indicate a bad thing.

And BTW, that movie was so hilarious I watch it every year. Can you guess what day?

------------------
' *Bludgeons Antag* '
Frank G, seriously injuring one of the Forums most valued members.

[This message has been edited by Antagonist (edited July 01, 1999).]

The First One
Member # 35

Ahh, that explains your local tradition, Antag Day. The locals anxiously await your emergence, and you don't show, signifying six more weeks of winter. 8)
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see... Antag Day... "seriously injuring one of the Forums' most valued members"... I wonder about the guy...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps