Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Sup from Bahrain (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sup from Bahrain
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my last day in Bahrain. If anyone is curious about these places and wants pics email me at the address in my profile. When I'm at sea I don't have internet access but we still get email.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Remember me?

How's it going? I'm in Bahrain right now. If you don't know what it is, it's a small island country near Saudi Arabia in the Persian Gulf. Our next stop is United Arab Emirates then Seychelles.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive.

The Seychelles! Cool! That's a very nice part of the world. My Father and his sisters, my grandparents and my great grandparents lived there.
If you're going past the Seychelles, keep an eye out for my island.

Farquhar Atoll

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I'm in Dubai, UAE.

Nice place, very westernized compared to the other Middle East countries I've been to. Not to mention the American dollar to UAE dirham conversion is in my favor. I only wish I were spending more time here. I had no idea Arab women could be so attractive.

This is the last time I'll be posting for some time. I don't know yet if we're going to Victoria in Seychelles. As I said before I have no internet underway just email.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Darkwing
Member # 834

- posted      Profile for Darkwing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You're a moron.

I should just leave it at that and not explain why.

That was uncalled for, and should be directed at the CNO, not me. All I did was mention that he's said he intends to make that change. I disagree with it, but then I don't get a say in it, anymore than you do. But it seems to me that that's probably why you're hearing about an extended cruise.

quote:

When a ship comes back from WestPac or any other type of long deployment it goes to the yards which lasts a few months. Every other WestPac I believe it goes into drydock which is an even longer process. After the yards period it goes through several stages of work ups testing the ship and the crew. Those alone last nearly a year. Essentially the pattern is, you get back from Pac and spend the next 18 months getting ready for the next Pac.

No need to tell me what the pattern is. I've been on two WESTPACS and two Southern Swings.
But the top dog is saying he plans to change that pattern. How he'll make it actually work/, I have no idea.

--------------------
Darkwing
If you don't drink the kool-aid, you're a *baaad* person - Rev Jim Jones
It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while wolves remain of a different opinion - William Ralph Inge
Almond kool-aid, anyone? - DW
[email protected]

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darkwing is partially correct. It's a rumor that he wants to extend the standard 6 month cruise to 8 or 9 months. Well at least for cruise which is coming this January. Then again we could start early in November...

How it works in the aviation world is that after cruise for the first 6 months you can be called up to go another one if needed until the next squadron comes back. The first 12 months is for the ship going to drdock to fix anything that got broken during the cruise and for the sailors to rest and make babies. The last 6 months is what we call DETs which I have no clue for what it stands for. Basically we go to Fallon NAS, to drop live ordance, experimental weapons and so forth. Then we go to the ships which is to retrain the squadron to how to handle ourselves on the flight deck.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't you been sucked into some airplane's turbine yet? [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From sea to desert. Blech.

I thought only the Soviets did point-to-point cruises, but I see I was wrong. I guess it's just their old schedule of out for 4 weeks, in port for 48. That, & I guess I got used to the Trek system.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

EvilTree
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for EvilTree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't understand how the heck you can stand being stuck inside a ship for months and months...

Then again, I'm just a grunt, lol.

Have fun. Don't buy Abdul's used camels. They stink.

--------------------
Loyalty, Vigilance, Excellence
-Motto of Imperial Space Marines

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Haven't you been sucked into some airplane's turbine yet?
Now, now, don't get your hopes up. I did run close to being sucked in a few times. Trust me when the engines are poweful to pull you fom 15 feet away with your feet fully grounded, you're in trouble. Or when you Hot Brake (when you check to make sure the brakes are not hot duh! Well it's abit more complicated than that) you have to go between the two engines (on a F-14 something they call a pallet design, a gap of the two engines where the stow the weapons) yuor stuck because you are being pulled left and right.

Besides on an F-14B's engines, the first pair of blades do not turn. However if you do get sucked in, you go in about 30 MPH into a distance of less than ten feet. You're stuck there until someone tells the pilot to cut off the engines. Otherwise you're blood will get sucked through your skin (think X-Men 2) various external objects like your eyes will pop out, arms sucked in between the blades, skin will start to stretch as the sucking will start to pull it off.

So anyone want to join the Navy?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"various external objects like your eyes will pop out"

I thought in the Navy, various external objects would pop IN!

Thank you, and goodnight.

Tip your waitresses kindly, I'm Joe Dominucelli.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP TEH BUTT!!

There, I've lived up to my end.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I GUESS THE MICKEY MOUSE LAWS DO NOT APPLY TO MY IP.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.