Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Civilization III: Play the World (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Civilization III: Play the World
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got this game today and I was wondering if here has the game as well and would care to be trampled by my massive armies. [Smile]

[ July 17, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if I can import my Starcraft armies. I'd like to see your 18th century troops try to stop dropships and tanks! [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys! Did you hear about the upcoming sequel for Duke Nukem 3D? It's supposed to be out in the fall!

Also, John Romero's leaving iD?

Whoa crazy!

(Because, old fashioned out of dateness.)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Civ2: Play The World? Sure you don't mean Civ3? I have regular Civ3 but don't have Play The World yet.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Civ II was TEH BESTEST!!

Of course, that was back in 1996, when Sid Meyer was still alive and kicking and Microprose was still A SOFTWEAR EPMIRE TOO BE RECONKED WIHT, but age MATTARS NOT!!

[ July 17, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Cartmaniac ]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would seem that I did forget a I on that. It is now corrected. [Smile]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got vanilla Civ3, and would have bought PTW months ago if the idiots at the programming company would go ahead and greenlight a Mac version. Gaming is the one cloud in the sky of using a Mac... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, multiplayer Civilization.
How long would that take?
How long before someone complains about their pre-industrial society being wiped out by a tank rush? [Wink]

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Gaming is the one cloud in the sky of using a Mac..."

More like an 8/8 overcast. 8)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, who is this crazy Warren Spector? He has a speech degree? System what now?

I don't trust him to make any good games at all.

PREDICTION: FLASH IN THE PAN, I WILL SAY.

Cartman
Member # 256

Deus Ex II.

Half Life II.

Doom III.

To trust or not to trust. It is an ever-gnawing angst.

Member # 239

Two of those things do not belong there. Two of those things just are not the same.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now for something completely different:
Stalin Vs. Hitler

EvilTree
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for EvilTree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Civ III rules.

Activision versions must die.

--------------------
Loyalty, Vigilance, Excellence
-Motto of Imperial Space Marines

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
Deus Ex II.

Half Life II.

Doom III.

To trust or not to trust. It is an ever-gnawing angst.

Theif III though. I think. Is he doing that, or not?

And I still haven't finished Deus Ex I. I can't make up my mind if I want to be crazy joined computer mind, crazy ruling the world in a shadowy way guy, or crazy keep things the same dude. Why isn't there an option to fight the bad guy, who dies, but then gets his ULTIMATE FORM, and you fight him again, except he looks a bit like an angel or something, and then he dies again, and then Aeris doesn't die?

As long as there are adventures, there will be Air Pirates! Yes!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps