Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Neatest. Matrix. Paro. Dy. Ever. (Please. Stop. Using. Periods.) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Neatest. Matrix. Paro. Dy. Ever. (Please. Stop. Using. Periods.)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.astercity.net/~tobik/pingpong.html

These guys are nothing if not ambitious!
Respekt.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hillarious!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I laughed. I cried. It hurt so good.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally, a good use for the 'black theatre of Prague' style. EXCELLENT. [Big Grin]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prague?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a city.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day my roommate and I had a conversation about Prague and its homonym, pr0g (the singular of pr0gz). We decided nothing good could come of it and halted our downloads and went outside until we felt less geeky.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a while there, I thought that prog.-rock was Prague-rock and told some radio person our band was Prague-rock, but she heard prog.-rock, and our lead singer had to take me aside. I mean honestly, how much cooler would that be? Answer: much cooler. I didn't know.

Also do people here understand what these table tennis players are saying? Because it's freakin' brilliant, the sketch.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...pr0g (the singular of pr0gz)..."

Not really much of an explanation, is it? It's like suddenly throwing out the word "friblink" and clarifying it by saying that it's the singluar of "friblinks".

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fr1bl1nkz, you mean.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pr0gz are kinda like warez. and no, i dont enjoy knowing that, or the fact that i found myself ever saying it.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prague not being in my experience a hot spot of inspiration for avant garde Japanese puppeteers.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he seems to have been referring to the use of a black backdrop and black costumes to make people invisible. That's been in use since long before these ping-pong guys did it. I don't see why it couldn't have originated in Prague. Or simply been most popular there.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see anything just an unloaded picture. What does this have to do with the Matrix?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

There's no picture. Just a Flash movie.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps