Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I am in Washington State until Saturday (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I am in Washington State until Saturday
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This completely unexciting for many (let's be honest, pretty much all) of you. I have to admit that it's not entirely exciting for myself. But I thought I'd mention it for those in that WA way. Limpin', Pimpin', and Shrimpin', look out Port Angeles, all your ferries are belong to me. In the plus column, it is very beautiful here. I mentioned that my warehouse has no windows, did I not?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but I'm sure if you posted pictures of your warehouse we'd remember. Hint, hint.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are you in Port Angeles? There's, like, nothing there except wood mills and a view of the Straits... [Razz]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, Port Angeles, wasn't that where the internment camp was in Niven and Pournelle's Footfall?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best thing in Port Angeles is the ferry to Victoria

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the afore mentioned windowless warehouse.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Closest brush with science fiction "fame": Yakima is bobbled in The Peace War.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will also be in Washington State until Saturday. And after that, as well... in fact, all things told, I'll probably be in this state for the rest of my life.

Unless I marry a certain forumite - you know who you are! [Wink]

So, yeah. Yay, Washington. Or something... [Razz]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
Unless I marry a certain forumite - you know who you are!

Hey, now let's not get too ahead of ourselves or anything, baby. I mean Photoshop is one thing, but--What?... Ohhhhh, right. Sorry. Yeah.

Um. Where was I?
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Why are you in Port Angeles? There's, like, nothing there except wood mills and a view of the Straits... [Razz]

The sick part being that I'm not even really in Port Angeles proper. I'm East of there, in Sequim and I'm visiting my grandparents. If I'd thought about it more and I was staying longer, I would have tried to hook up with other Flareites, because communicating entirely over the internet is weird and creepy. And Flareites are cool because Simon writes obituaries and turned me onto "Snow Crash" and LOA has big (if lopsided) boobs and there are others I'm sure. But then I suspect that no one would really get all that into it and that would be even more depressing than kicking around in my grandparents dank basement, basking in the dim glow of my beat up old Powerbook on a dial-up connection. *shiver*

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be like nothing compared to the wild and crazy UK get-togethers where I turn up 4 hours late to meet Tom who is scared of Lee and then Diane turns up months later and Lee is ginger.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that all you'd like to tell us about that particular meeting?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol... Yakima is on the other side of the state. It's like saying York's only brush with sci-fi fame is that it's close to London.

Sequim, huh? Oy. I feel your pain. There's even less to do there. Get your butt over to Port Townsend. That's a happenin' place. Or if you don't mind oging international, make use of the ferry to Victoria and hang out there until your parents say it's time to leave. You don't even have to stay at the Empress Hotel, even though I recommend it highly. [Wink]

--Jonah

P.S. To paraphrase, if there's a bright centre to the Olympic Peninsula, Port Angeles is the city it's farthest from...

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Is that all you'd like to tell us about that particular meeting?

Which one? I mentioned several! Yes!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sol... Yakima is on the other side of the state. It's like saying York's only brush with sci-fi fame is that it's close to London.
I guess I'd agree, if I had any idea what you were getting at.

I am always up for meeting people, despite the fact that I've lived about two hours from Charles for years and never stopped by to see him. (Years = 2, come to think of it.) And every time I suggest the great Pacific Northwest meetup to Tom he seems to suspiciously be SEVERAL THOUSAND MILES AWAY. I do wish the most interesting thing about me wasn't my goofy part-time job, but I guess having devastatingly good taste will have to make up for that.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol~ And oddly enough, I've not yet met up with the great Charles Capps yet, either, though I've been to his wonderful city NUMEROUS times since he found himself there! Hopefully that will all be changing Labor Day weekend [Smile]

And, actually.... I've been to YOUR part of the state a lot, too.... in fact, more than I've been to Seattle even....

I usually wave in your direction as I pass through [Wink]
I'm just friendly like that [Wink]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps