Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Why Americans are so wierd...

Author Topic: Why Americans are so wierd...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
View a cross-section of American culture. This is the foundation of post-modern American culture: pre-modern American culture. We were naive then, we are naive now. What we're naive about is subject to change, but we always find something.

See The Institute of Official Cheer and wail in despair! (After you stop laughing, of course.)

(The management reaffirms that the views expressed through this link are not necessarily those of the management.)

--Baloo

------------------
WARNING:
This Product Warps Space and Time in Its Vicinity.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*goes*
*regrets*
*bangs head against wall*
WHY?
WHY, WHY?!?

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For about 99.9% of all human history (and I'm going back to before hunter-gatherer days)there was no such thing as "free time."

In human experience, this is a relatively recent concept.

It might take us a couple more centuries to get it right, or at least to the point where the following generations aren't ashamed of what their parents called everyday culture.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear ol chap....please...never again!

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps