Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Happy Turkey-Day, Flare (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Happy Turkey-Day, Flare
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving, you shameless gluttons. What did you all eat?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll tell you in an hour after I'm done... [Wink]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm goin' to eat soon....but it's a vegetarian meal.

Good thing I snuck on down wo the market and bought some hot turkey, mashed taters and sweet taters before hand, eh?

It'll be some good eatin' later!

All of you outside the US can bite my...er....should take a moment to be thankful for those around you and all you've got going on in your lives too.

Happy Thanksgiving Flarites!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My true Thanksgiving dinner is going to have to wait a week, when my girlfriend isn't with her family. Fairly standard turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, baked sweet potatoes or yams, and pumpkin pie with egg nog ice cream. About the only difference from a lot of other Thanksgiving dinners is we make it all ourselves. That's half the fun. [Smile]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had basically just scalloped corn and a lot of rolls. I don't like turkey, or mashed potatos, or sweet potatos, or stuffing, so that was about all I could eat.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see that even the boys in Iraq got a turkey today.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turkey, stuffing, the works...

The military was always really good about making sure you got Thanksgiving and Christmas meals that were spectacular, in comparison to the daily fair. Even in the woods.

Military cooks are some true professionals, when you can make a great meal like Thanksgiving and have all the trimmings, in a field environment.

Anyway, thanks for leaing the invasion Columbus, and thanks to the natives that helped feed the dumbass settlers....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
  • roasted turkey with rasin dressing and gravy
  • mashed potatoes
  • broccoli rice casserole
  • French onion green bean casserole
  • cheese green bean casserole
  • cranberry jelly
  • dinner rolls
  • pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, and apple pie
  • apple dumplins
  • brownies and cookies
  • Mandarin orange cake

The feast was spectacular. Almost made up for having to spend two hours with extended family members who feel about me somewhere between hatred and near tolerance.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I'm goin' to eat soon....but it's a vegetarian meal.

Split up with your girlfriend. Divorce your family. But do something.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pfft.... Thanksgiving was more than a month ago.

Anyways, happy BELATED Thanksgiving.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now that Tanksgiving is over, happy Buy Nothing Day.
bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good feast, Siggy. Green-bean and french onion casserole? Yum.

359: Sounds like a good one. It was the new bird's first meal with my family. It was also her first Thanksgiving and she'd never really had proper turkey (other than on sandwiches and the like) before. She was polite about it, but really just wasn't impressed by it. Maybe I'll have to get a Tofurky for next time.

Well I had rolls, mashed potatoes, vegetarian dressing, vegetarian mushroom dressing, veggie-gravy, ambrosia, cranberry (with jalape�o! no, but it was good!), sweet potatoes, green beans, boiled chestnuts with garlic-rubbed brussel sprouts, boiled potatoes, medalion carrots, and probably a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten. Forgotten because of the champagne and various wines sampled from out hosts world travels. Then there was a break. Then we brought out the pies: apple, pecan, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin, and berry all with optional vanilla ice-cream or coolwhip. I'll just be beached on my bed for the next couple days if anyone needs me.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we have a potential competitor to "what songs do people want to write all the lyrics out for" in the Most Pointless and Retarded Thread possible.

Although at least this one can only come once a year...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Member # 419

jealous
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the buy nothing day thing: Do parking permits count? If not, then I've successfully celebrated buy nothing day.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps