Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » dating lives of the members of Flare (Page 1)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: dating lives of the members of Flare
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anywho

even though Shik isn't around, i'm sure we can do something interesting with this thread.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can speak for Shik in that he's not dating anyone at the moment. And, that pretty much covers me as well. Next?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sigh.. i guess it's me then. Leanne and I have been together 8 months now.  -
 -

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should have a hair exchange program here at Flare.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
Member # 709

more importantly, if you enlarge the left background you can clearly see the silhouettte of an Ariel-class shuttlecarrier:
 -

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Capped in Mic:
 -

THO.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I congratulate you for going down the relatively dignified route of wearing a cap, and not, say, growing a long pony-tail.

Also, you can see your nipples in that shirt.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute Terminator eyes on the little girl.
You can almost hear her plotting to kill John Connor....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, eight months? The kid doesn't look that young, but you never know about these things...

I'm not actively seeing anyone right now. My only real possibility is the afore-mentioned Kari, AKA Mouse (mainly because I know far too many girls with two syllable names that start with K). However, right now she's stuck on another guy, who happens to be 28 to her 18. I can't quite decide whether I should envy him or not. On one hand he has the affections of a great girl, sweet, cute as anything, and I just have to think, "Lucky bastard". On the other hand, he can't date her under any circumstances, no matter how much they both might want to, so I just have to say "HA! You're SOOOO screwed!" Of course, she's also screwed one way or the other, which sucks. Unfortunately, the only way out for her is to like someone else, and sadly I can't guarentee that. Anyway, we went to the TSO concert Monday night, and we've talked about the idea of our dating on occasion, but for now we remain just friends who hang out on the rare occasion she has free time. She's talked about having me take her to the campus highschool homecoming in a few weeks, but she doesn't know if she's gonna have a date or not. Just depends on what all her friends do, apparently. I hope she gives me a little advance warning, seeing as I've never worn a suit in my life and it might take me a bit to dig one up. The things I do for women...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In college, I tried to strike it up with a girl I knew from high school, but when I told her about my feelings, she stopped talking to me altogether.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
On the other hand, he can't date her under any circumstances,
He's 28, she's 18, they're both adults. Why can't they date?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few Facts about myself:
- I'm not rich.
- I'm not a success story.
- I don't own a fancy car.
- My looks can kill. Literally.

Therefore from the above facts we can infer the result: I'm still single.

Oh, and there is an insight to my new sig. Be Forewarned.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My strange love life life is a study in stop-motion photography: everything is condensed into two or three weeks and we never see each other again.
It's happened five or six times now so far...it never ends with yelling or anything: we just dont call each other ever again after a point.
Sigh.

Recently, i met a great woman (three years my elder) and we talked all night at my work, she wanted to het a drink sometime and then (a few weeks later, when we were going to actually go) she mentioned bringing her boyfreind along because "I'm JUST like him".
Luckily, I rounded up a few drinking buddies to ge to the bar with me and akwardness was mostly averted.
Mostly.

Good to have peeps you can call in a tight situation like that.
Despite evcerything, I really did like her boyfreind: we'd have been pals if not for the fact I never intend to see either of them again.

Still, that offically happened "last year" now and I have a whole new year in wich to make romantic pratfalls.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's 28, she's 18, they're both adults. Why can't they date?

Her parents wouldn't allow it, for one. The adulthood of an 18-year-old is a debatable concept, regardless of legal standing.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An insight with the obviousness of a Mack truck hurtling towards a brick wall at 200 kph, Saltah'na. [Big Grin]

A few facts about myself:
  • I'm not rich either. In fact, I'm up to my eyeballs in student loan debt and am going to be let go from my job in four weeks after over two years working there.
  • I'm not a success story either. My life is a seemingly never-ending story of fuck ups and bad luck that would great sitcom fodder in the future.
  • I don't own a fancy car either. I drive a Saturn.
  • My looks haven't yet been documented as killing anyone, but they did cause a girl I was interested in to go running to her mommy screaming and crying because I told her that I liked her.

In addition to the fact that the only woman I've ever been on a date with is trying to retcon that into "just an outing as friends" so that she will be seen as perfectly pure for her future-fianc�e's parents, we can infer that I'm single and forever will be.

No signature for me showing my bitterness about the other gender. I'm not really bitter so much as I'm just tired of everything.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps