Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Situation update: Still Not Dead (News at eleven...) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Situation update: Still Not Dead (News at eleven...)
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greets, all!

Well? Where's the party baloons? I'm back! Let the pidgeons loose!

About the middle of last November my sister sent me her old computer. She upgraded to a new one she didn't need (she uses it mainly to email jokes and pictures to other folks she has sent to her from one of those joke-a-day sites), but who am I to complain? To save shipping costs she decided not to send me the monitor. I bought an old 12" IBM PC-I monitor at a pawn shop and it worked, but only in 640x480 resolution. Eh! At least I had a computer.

Less than a week later I found a 17" monitor (marked down to what must have been a mistakenly low price) at Office Max (They've never again advertised this model for fewer than ten bucks more than I paid for mine.) [Big Grin] Now I view the digital world in glorious 1024x762 resolution. I have also added an 80 Gbyte HD and upgraded the memory to all she'll take (256 Mbytes -- like I said, it's an old computer). This officially makes it better than the one my sister bought, but I won't say anything if you don't. [Wink]

As little as that cost, it put a severe crimp in my financial style so I did not get on-line until about a month ago. I'm still with 3lefties, but I have a new email address. Everyone who still has my old addy may delete everything before the "@" and just type "baloo" (all lower case).

At first I was using Internet Exploiter, then I switched to Netscape, then back to IE again, but now I'm using Mozilla. Mozilla is sort of like Netscape without the quirkiness, or at least the quirks are ones I can live with/don't notice. BTW, can anyone tell me how to make the default program for my graphics files switch back to Paintshop pro? Mozilla co-opted them during the changeover.

I've been playing the Sims -- well not so much playing it as downloading krep from all over creation and even making a few objects of my own (a Flintstones-style TV was my first object). All the really good stuff is on pay sites, so I'm gradually figuring out how to "roll my own" as it were.

I am completely (okay, mostly) unfamiliar with things Trek as of late. Enterprise isn't on any of the channels I get from the airwaves and it doesn't seem to be in syndication yet. The only good Sci-Fi program I've been getting is Stargate SG-1 on the local Fox channel late Sunday nites. I hate getting network TV, but I like the price (yeah, I'm cheap, too!)

-  -

--------------------
It is more important to understand than it is to agree.

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were gone?

(HA! I beat Liam to the obvious deadpan response!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, again, Baloo. [Smile]

You just missed the 5th anniversary...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and so did YOU. B)

Anyway, the file association thing. Open Explorer, pull down the Tools menu, select Folder Options, click on the File Types tab, scroll down to .gif/.jpg/.etc, hit Change, and grab the Paintshop executable (browse to the PS directory if it's not in the list). Then press "OK". B)

Or, start Paintshop, pull down the File menu, select Preferences, click on File Format Associations, and reset them from there.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Baloo, welcome back!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Baloo is back!!! *claps hands* Let's get this party started!

:-)

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey Baloo. Good to see you.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Yeah, and so did YOU. B)

Baloo: 1 Charles: 0

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Baloo... how's real life?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHASSSAAAAP!!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo, Flare's ambassador to the land of reality.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Hi Baloo... how's real life?

Right now it sucks so much a black hole seems a mild thing by comparison. More details as they become available (and I can legally share them). Suffice to say, TW is being her usual charming self (actually, I think she's getting "better" at being her usual self [Eek!] ), and that in the last three years I have seen Son but a handful of times. Lovely additional bit -- he's starting to buy the propaganda TW is giving him RE: me. Not good news, indeed.

Those of you prone to pray, intercede on behalf of Son (and remind G-d that I'd appreciate a few crumbs, too). Those who don't pray for whatever reason, good vibes will be accepted in lieu of same. [Wink]

--Baloo

--------------------
It is more important to understand than it is to agree.

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Those who don't pray for whatever reason, good vibes will be accepted in lieu of same.

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sending good vibes.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill mention you to Cthulhu at the annual picnic.
Next time you think things cant get any worse, watch this:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/head.php

[ March 30, 2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you gonna be on ICQ again? Or any other chat program?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps