Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Kill Bill: Volume 2 (possible $$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kill Bill: Volume 2 (possible $$$)
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Waaaay back in the day, I ran off (with friends) from *reform school* so I could attend both the Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden concerts that week.

Yes, Bon Jovi...the shame of it.

Just shows your age, that's all really. Maybe some leg action too, but that's up to you.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was ....um....fourteen, I think.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you're how old now?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be 31 on July fourth.

....so...old.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a year OLDER than me? [Eek!] Yet another example of how you can't tell a person's age online...
[Roll Eyes]

B.J.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Yet another example of how you can't tell a person's age online...
[Roll Eyes]

B.J.

this is probably one of the least illegal cases of online age revelation i've ever been involved in.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I'll be 31 on July fourth.

What?? He's almost 31?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, give us back our threads.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Fanciful:
Jason, give us back our threads.

You're saying I stole your clothes now?

Such accusations!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've read a few of the first couple of comments in this thread. I just came home from seeing it. I was NOT disappointed! I was excited and thrilled and AGAIN loved every single SECOND of Kill Bill vol. 2 - just as I did Kill Bill vol. 1.

Just everything. So cool.

I was worried about how Elle Driver's bit would turn out as the character just seemed like some ditsy blonde in the first one (although sadistic still now that you look back). The Darryl Hanna (Elle) bit was really well done. I really didn't know what was going to happen from one minute to the next - in every bit.

There were lots of cool bits - yes it didn't have the... "FULL ON KICK BUTT" of the first movie - but if it was a clone of the first movie I would have been VERY disappointed.

The spirit of the first movie is kept - of course - and the homages that are peppered throughout the movie were laugh-out-loud funny. And the soundtrack is fantastic.

Loved it completely.

5 stars!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it tonight. It was good, very clean.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I thought it was a bit illogical that Uma's chest showed no scarring from the rocksalt treatment, and she showed her whole upper chest when sitting in Bill's couch.

The Elle-fight was good, loved all the bits with the White Lotus master. At one point, it did look like Thurman did a high-freeze kick, in the "training"-scene.

I was a bit disappointed that Bill never got to fully show his mettle, at first I thought he faked the last "slump down and die"-bit.
My friend thought that Carradine probably didn't "have it" anymore, but if they could make Uma's stough look passable, then damn!

A pity Madsen never got to take the sword out of his golf-bag and use it himself, but hey, who are we kidding? Madsen with a sword? [Smile]

The end credits showed a lot of the first movie's action, it really felt like Tarantino had meant for it to be one whole movie.
And I would've preferred that, actually.
I've gone through the "LOTR" full-lengthers and all their extra material, it's all downhill from here.
I'm as broken in as a Saigon hooker on July 4th, 1975.

By the way, I stayed through the end credits, must've been 15 minutes, the easter egg was fun I guess.

Anyway, loved the Kill Bill project.
5 eyeballs out of 5.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a fantasy based on Kung Fu movies where people fly!

Scaring doesn't matter.

I thought if was pretty good. The two together work pretty well. The first sets up the action and the second draws the characters more deeply.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the Easter-egg?? I was going to stay ALL the way - but when the black-and-white credits started i left... are you referring to the lines through the character's names and the question mark through Elle's?

Oh and Bud's character seemed VERY sympathetic... we we first see him I was thinking - is she going to kill this burnt out bum?? Or maybe have sympathy etc. Then boom! he shoots her - and he turned into one of the worst of the lot.

Actually they were all sadistic and wrong. Just in different ways. Like I said, I thought Elle's bit might have been a let down, a bit week - but she was an ABSOLUTE EVIL BITCH!

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

AndrewAre: "are you referring to the lines through the character's names and the question mark through Elle's?"

No, I'm talking about the very end, there's an outtake from the "House of Blue Leaves"-shoot.

I thought the Bill-"fight" was more of a letdown than Elle's, they boxed chinese for damn near three minutes!

Jay: "Scaring doesn't matter."

Um, did you see Uma during the fight with Elle at all? She had all kinds of injuries from their early fisticuffs. They do pay close attention to these details, they just seemed to've missed the "rocksalt to tits" one. :.)

The only other explanation would be that there's a time lapse of about ten months for her to heal, between the Elle-fight and her conversation with the "mexpimp-who-she-should've-shot-on-general-fucking-principle".

The end credits were funny, when at last they came to Bill's name, they just showed his body on the lawn, like "Yeah, he ain't going nowhere...". Nice, black humor.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And after all the blows to the head no one has bruising.

What I�m saying is that it doesn�t matter.

This movie has as much to do with reality and continuity as Pai Mei standing on Beatrix Kiddo�s sword has to do with actual physics.

Suspend your disbelief, put the continuity bug away and enjoy.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps