Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Trek.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Generations announced on DVD

Author Topic: Generations announced on DVD
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
September 7th, Boys & Girl!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roll out the red carpet...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice new quote, Futu. Seen that new Cusack-flick?

The only part of Generations I like is the BoP-fight, only time we've seen the disruptors fired with modern FX (not counting FF). Also, green torpedoes, mmm...

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But I already have this on DVD. [Frown] What's special about this new--and expensive :/--release?

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My apologies for being anal, but surely this ought to be in General Trek, oughtn't it?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by deadcujo:
But I already have this on DVD. [Frown] What's special about this new--and expensive :/--release?

Well, we don't know yet. It might be a Director's Edition, it might not. But most likely it will have a 2nd disc with plenty of bonus features unlike its initial release. So look forward to around 3 or 4 featurettes on production, 1 or 2 on interviews, some trailers and TV spots, and hopefully plenty of deleted scenes like the original opening scene and the alternate/original ending of the Kirk's death.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ANOTHER Trek release on DVD ... or should I say, re-release? I say, just buy the damn box sets! [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already have the DVD box set but on mine the directors cuts stop at ST: V with the other 5 being "normal"

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but on mine the directors cuts stop at ST: V with the other 5 being "normal"

Um, the director's editions stop at ST2, though ST6 does have some minor changes. The rest of the discs you have should be considered special collector's editions and barebones releases (except for maybe ST10)

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new Generations disc is billed as a "special edition," so presumably it features at least a few nods to the notion of DVD extras.

Also, not to be a defender of Our Corporate Overlords, but it seems to me that the new Trek discs have all been cheaper than their bare-bones precursors, though that may have more to do with standardization of DVD pricing in general.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And your economy going down the pan. Or would that make them more expensive?

And this may be crazy talk, but shouldn't this Star Trek related discussion go in, say, the "General Trek" forum?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd think so, but it's chaos in here these days anyway. I mean, hockey? Ba-zing!

But, OK.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps