Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My New Schedule (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My New Schedule
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, after a few weeks of negotiating new fixed schedules at both of my jobs (it can be hard when two GMs get posessive, eh?), I finally have a permanant fixed schedule! I'm planning on keeping it through December, at least.

Remember, the indy job is delivery, the corp. job is management.

The Indy:

M: 11-4/T: 11-8/W: 11-4/Th: 11-4/F: 10-3/Sat: 11-11

The Corp:

M: 4:3-Cl/W: 4:3-Cl/Th: 4:3-Cl/F:4-Cl/Sun: 10-8

Wow! Crazy! We did work out some arrangements: I get the first Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of each month off. Also, I have to cut my indy hours back (slightly) when other managers at my corp job go on vacation ... OTOH, I also have to cut my corp hours back (slightly) when Gary (the owner) or other f/t drivers go on vacation from the indy.

Well, who knows. If I don't wind up buying a Jeep this winter, I will at least wind up paying off some credit cards [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work these hours: .
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good god man, you're going to burn yourself out one of these days.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, only the good die young, right?

I'm going to die so old...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do pizza places these days have like, scooter delivery men? Like in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the movie?

I would do that, maybe.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a schedule at Suckee Sleazes' where they wanted me to work from 10:30 till 1 then come back and work from 4 till 9 pm. Yeah, that really allows you a life.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work 1p-10p at 'K-Put', actually it was 'Big K', anyway, that was nearly as shitty.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the last time I worked a month without a day off, back when I was still working at the bagel shop as an shift supervisor. My family says I was an irritable, bitchy mess that month. Fifty-hour workweeks will do that to a person.

Good luck with that! Hope you weather it better than I did!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50 hour work weeks? That's the norm for a lot of us *L*

Snay needs to stop working so much... it's not good for a person. He's gonna get himself sick. I know from experience. BUT, I've calmed down a lot, and I'm happy to say that I'm working only 55-60 hours a week... which may SOUND like a lot, but isn't so bad. School is out now, so I've still got a ton of free time :-)

And this week I'm actually only working... oh.... zero hours! Yay, me! I'm on vacation from BOTH jobs, and have taken this opportunity to leave the state. Whoo, hoo!!!

~LOA

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Fifty-hour workweeks
Um. Try eighty-five ... two full-time jobs, baby.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Member # 239

So, hey, pizza scooters?
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, lesse 85/7 thats above 12 hours per day.
Now with 7 hours of sleep, and lets assume two hours to eat three meals per day (we'll have to assume you don't cook...or eat pizza).

That leaves 52.8 minutes a day for free time, assuming you don't have to do laundry, shower, buy groceries, etc.

That sounds fun.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Um.

12 hours = working
7 hours = sleep
2 hours = eat (okay...)

That actually leaves THREE hours. [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In-frickin-sane.

The money is not worth it, Snay. Been there, done that, you need to find a better paying job where you can work less and make more. Oy! You're going to kill yourself... or at the very least, die and old, lonely man, who never found love because he spent all of his time at the Pizza Shop.

My social life is much better now that I don't work as much.

And I'm happier.

And well rested.

It's wierd, but in a good way [Wink]

And you do NOT need to buy a Jeep. No. No. No.

~LOA

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work about 168-170 hours per week. To me, life is hard labor.

See? I can be subtle too.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps