Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Jeri Ryan's Divorce Files Released (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jeri Ryan's Divorce Files Released
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The convergence of Star Trek and politics.

Since it hardly lives up to the high standards of General Trek, I put this here.

quote:
Ryan file details sex allegations
06/21/2004

CHICAGO - U.S. Senate candidate Jack Ryan pressured and tricked his then-wife into going to sex clubs with "cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling" and tried to get her to have sex in front of others, she alleged in 4-year-old court records released Monday.

In the records from a June 2000 child-custody battle, Ryan's ex-wife - television actress Jeri Ryan of "Star Trek: Voyager" and "Boston Public" fame - alleged that the Republican millionaire's pressure tactics included suggesting once that she owed him a trip to a sex club because he had eaten dinner out with her.

In other instances, she alleged, he took her on what he said were going to be "romantic" trips that turned out instead to be journeys into places where "people were having sex everywhere."

----

In the documents, Jeri Ryan described a visit to a club in New York City: "It was a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling."

She said Ryan asked her to perform a sexual act while others watched, and she refused. She said they departed and Ryan apologized to her and said it was out of his system.

But then, she said, he took her to Paris and again took her to a sex club without telling her where they were going. She said she cried and became physically ill at the club, and her husband got angry with her. She said she could never get over that incident. She also accuses him in the papers of being controlling and lying repeatedly throughout the divorce proceedings.

She did acknowledge infidelity on her part, which she said took place after their marriage was irretrievably broken.

Jack Ryan, in the documents, said: "I did arrange romantic getaways for us, but that did not include the type of activity she described. We did go to one avant-garde nightclub in Paris which was more than either one of us felt comfortable with. We left and vowed never to return."

Kevin McDermott, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Via Roger Ailes.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) JACK RYAN. Senator.

2) Public Jeri Ryan Sex.

3) Huh.

4) Splort.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Larry King.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I a bad person to have frequented such clubs on many occasions with my ex-girlfriend?

I think not.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're only a bad person if she didn't like it and you made her. Natch.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay the Obscure:
...alleged that the Republican millionaire's pressure tactics included suggesting once that she owed him a trip to a sex club because he had eaten dinner out with her.

There goes that idea. No, but I'm guessing that must have been more than the indeniably suave Denny's dinner out.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Ryan. Just make sure he doesn't get sworn in as mid-term replacement VP. HAR!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
You're only a bad person if she didn't like it and you made her. Natch.

I was actually dragged there on occasion: If she went, she must have either liked some aspect of it or was easily presssured.

Or (gasp!), she was in love.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we can safely shut down Flare and go home now, the peak having been reached here.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Jack Ryan. Just make sure he doesn't get sworn in as mid-term replacement VP. HAR!

The thought of Harrison Ford forcing Jeri Ryan into a sex club is amusing though...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew I'd eventually get a shot at dating her.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ford does seem to be working his way through the stars of David E. Kelley shows, so you never know. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is lovely... I guess the rumours I heard in the Star Trek backlots were true.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Stay out of those dumpsters, young man!

The whole underwear thing: you gotta get help.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Ryan isn't exactly Mr. Integrity.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps