Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Hollywood targetting Bittorrent, eDonkey etc. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hollywood targetting Bittorrent, eDonkey etc.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an easy way to stop file-sharing. Hardwire DRM into every net-connected appliance. (Well, for certain values of "stop.")

If you are an American (the general you here), perhaps a donation to the Electronic Frontier Foundation is in order?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you can't hardwire DRM into existing hardware.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to ban that first. Or make your new stuff X-TREME AND SEXY. Or, you know, just wait a few months. What's the lifecycle for media players, anyway, six months? Sure, kids, go ahead and pirate all the "latest" DVDs, but when all your friends own an Ultra-Cool Video Matrix Cube - that wouldn't deign to play your paltry discs even if they were purchased legitimately - don't blame us when everyone thinks you're a total loser and never invite you to parties and that hot girl you like hooks up with that spooky Croatian kid who always seems to have the latest gear. And he pays for it in Euros! What have you got, dollars? Are you planning to buy something in Carthage or Tyre or some other place that was cool like a billion years ago?

Or maybe not, I dunno.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just what IS it with you and European currency, anyway?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

East is the new West.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

(Also, I don't know. I am just hopping on the bandwagon, really. Call it equal parts cheap Bruce Sterling imitation and a desire to be more neato and hip than I am. Plumb most of my actions deep enough and you find nothing much.)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the meantime, SuprNova has been shut down. And since thousands of addicts are now desperately searching for alternatives, a lot of those alternatives are now suffering from the increased traffic. Give it a week, and everything should've settled down again.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps