Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The things my dad comes up with...

Author Topic: The things my dad comes up with...
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm frequently amazed by the kinds of bizarre (but in a twisted way, still reasonable) leaps of logic that my dad comes up with from time to time. But even by his standards, this one's a doozy.

Our house has recently become home to a new family of groundhogs who've dug a burrow in a secluded corner of the house, digging right up against the foundation. We've had that happen once or twice before, but previously always in reach of the garden hose, so flooding them out was easiest. This time, he came up with a more -- well, "subtle" isn't the right word... maybe indirect? -- approach.

His original thinking was how animals often mark their territory, and other animals will stay away from predators' marked territories. So he had the novel idea of marking the territory near the groundhogs' new burrow to see if that'll convince them to find a new home out in the woods where they won't be disturbing our house's foundation.

Bizarre, I know! [Eek!]

I'll let you know how it turns out. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a sick man, right here....

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're saying your father pisses on his own foundations? In Portuguese, that would make a terrific insult. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, probably not on the foundation itself; I imagine he was targeting the trees and various items surrounding the house instead. And as far as I know, he only tried it once, and just recently. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, but who hasn't gone out to the back yard to take a pee just for the heck of it? I do it to keep the squirrels away.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shat down a molehill once, and they (the moles) were not convinced to leave. Your dad is crazy.

[ May 16, 2005, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell me you took toilet paper with you. Walking back inside with clown lips could not have been a pleasant feeling.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clown lips. I've never heard that term before. I have one more reason now to dislike clowns.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a mole bit your anus, how could you possibly explain it to the paramedics?

You risked embarassment of legendary proportions.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

"Well officer... you see... I was out in the back yard, and I started to get hot. So I took my pants off you see... And then I realized that my keys were in the pants so I bent down..."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps