Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Pilgrimage to Klingon First Contact site (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pilgrimage to Klingon First Contact site
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Flare, long time no post

I am moving to Texas.

I'll be driving there in a month or two.

I've decided to visit Broken Bow, Oklahoma on the way, since it will, in 146 years, be the site of the first contact between Earth Humans and the Klingons.

Any input or desired photo opportunities?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any families named Moore in that area? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest planting something like a note that asks Captain Archer to mention the class names of some other Earth vessels, call up diagrams of them, etc. during his missions. That way, when Broken Bow gets searched over for clues as to the Klingon crash, someone might find the note and we'll get some tech details...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell Archer on your note also to stop channeling Al Gore... I seriously hate seeing a wooden board on the captain's chair on NX-01.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask a farmer if he's seen any strange falling stars or suspicous strangers (aside from yourself, of course).

Mabye get a picture of yourself next to the town sign.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you leave a note for Captain Archer tell him that the cyborg's that will board the artic transport are called the Borg, the marauders who will raid his ship are the Ferengi, and that the Romulans look just like the Vulcans and that he should start a war with them in order to keep up with Trek canon. Also he should also disregard any mention of the Gorn Hemogeny.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...plus, really try to bang T'Pol before Trip gets into her pants.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what else is on the Star Trek tourist's itinerary? The Vasquez Rocks, of course. That water reclamation plant in, let me look it up, Van Nuys - used for Starfleet Academy. Uh, Yosemite? Monument Valley? Bozeman, Montana, surely.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be going to the Knik glacier up here in AK to visit the site where the ST:6 ice prison caves were filmed.... but I'm not actually going for the normal geeky reason that most Trekkies/ers would go. There's actually a geocache there that I MUST FIND. It's a tough one... and I like that! [Wink]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I've been to the Presidio and the future grounds of the Academy, and of course, the Golden gate Bridge.

Both are very worthwhile destinations, but Yosemite was fucking incredible- I was in awe, never wanted to leave and thought nothing of a Trek connection untill long after I got home.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to NASA. Well, I stood outside the gates. It was mentioned in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

I'm so unimpressive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Broken Bow pronounced Bow as in rainbow or bow as in the bow of a ship?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd bet it's pronounced like the same as the device used for shooting arrows. There's a town in Oklahoma named Broken Arrow (looks to be 200-300 miles north-northwest of Broken Bow) that's near the outskirts of Tulsa.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So between the is a town called Torn Shoulder or Pulled Muscle?
Mabye Cheaply Made?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bow as in bow and arrow. I seem to recall our own The Tom spent a few minutes searching for that information before Enterprise had aired.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps