Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Holy Shit -- Almost Literally. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Holy Shit -- Almost Literally.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, early this afternoon I was going to go for a quick errand to go pick up the tags for my new car (the one I got about two months ago, and finally heard back from the dealership about the tags yesterday). I went out to the curb, and found the entire top and front of the car covered in bird shit.

Mind you, my car was not looking like this last night when I drove home and parked. And there aren't any trees near the curb in the cul-de-sac where I park, either. And there's too many droppings for just one or two birds, either. It's like an entire goddamn flock of starlings decided together that it was a good idea to shit on my car as they flew overhead!

*sigh* I guess I'll be pulling out the hose later this afternoon. And it's unseasonably warm out again, too...

http://homepage.mac.com/minutiaeman/DSCN0045.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/minutiaeman/DSCN0046.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/minutiaeman/DSCN0047.jpg

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Th'hell? You're not even under a tree or anything...

Are you sure it's bird shit? It's not like any other white, milky, organic substance that a group could have passed by and sprayed on?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I secretly came by with a bucket full of watered down gesso and spattered your hood.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark: No, it was definitely bird shit. Very weird. The only plausible thing I can think of is that maybe a large-ish flock of birds paused in the big tree in our front yard -- its foliage is about thirty feet away from the car, minimum -- and all of them decided to dump their loads as they took off and flew over my car.

Ah well -- it's clean now, took about ten minutes to hose down and soap up, so it's not a huge deal. Just mind-boggling at the amount of it.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good luck. For whatever that's worth.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are the Chosen One!!!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of good-luck.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Th'hell? You're not even under a tree or anything...

Are you sure it's bird shit? It's not like any other white, milky, organic substance that a group could have passed by and sprayed on?

Mark

Just what is it you're suggesting the birds did on his car??

As if shit wasn't bad enough.... [Eek!]

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't suggesting birds.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahah - "when gang bangs attack"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Car bukkake: the next danger modern citizens face.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere, there's a website that's already done that, I'm sure.

Birds are so prevalant here that even good parking spots at malls go unused if there's a tree in front of them.

Sort of related, I ran over a pidgeon a couple of weeks back- several were in the road and did not fly away after I blared my car's horn at them.
I thought the little morons would get out of the way....not that I'm losing any sleep over a pidgeon- rats with wings, is all they are.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet, people like doves. I don't get that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel that way about parrots- they dont really serve a ecological function, eat and shit all day and their owners usually clip their wings so they cant even fly.

Its like having a pet pourpose that you amputated the fins off.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of having a pet cause, but not a pet pourpose....

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps