Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » And Wilma makes three

Author Topic: And Wilma makes three
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Flinstones jokes aside: Jason can swim, right? I had a cousin in Avon Park doing a wildlife study who was relocated to Orlando. She is, by all accounts, OK.

Damage seems to be pretty widespread and horrible. Seriously, I do hope our prolific little model-making, mis-spelling friend is OK down there. On the bright side, the storm seems to have left in a hurry and loss of life doesn't seem to be as bad as New Orleans at this point. It's as if they'd been through something like this once or twice before. Power looks to still be a problem.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good news is that Wilma passed through Florida pretty quickly. The bad news is that his area of the state was already flooding in some areas from the outer bands of Wilma a good two days before landfall. We're probably not going to hear from him for at least a few days; one article I read said there were as many as 6 million people without power in his area, but the utility was working pretty quickly to restore it. I hope he's okay as well.
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having been through this with Katrina - I think it is safe to say that he's probably a bit stressed right now. Also, there's a good chance he smells bad [Smile] .

Seriously, hopefully he was spared flooding - many, many of my coworkers were not and it will be at least a year before they're even remotely back to normal. Just in time for another hurricane!! Did I mention I'm moving just as soon as possible?

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps