Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've Been In The Hospital (Page 1)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: I've Been In The Hospital
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a few days....

I had been having sever headaches for 4 or 5 days which my Doctor diagnosed as a long migraine and prescribed Immotrex.

My wife and father-in-law took me to the emergency room on Sunday night / Monday morning where I had a cat scan. Turns out it turns out it wasn�t a true migraine after all.

The migraine was caused by a brain tumor.

The Doctor cut my head open and removed it.

He said it was the size of a silver dollar it most likely was a 2 on a scale of one to 4 for malignancy...with 1's not getting further treatment. But I think I�m going to get radiation treatment. And the preliminary pathology offers a good prognosis but the Doctor form the emergency room, who is on of the best in So Cal, is sending the results to the Mayo Clinic to be finalized.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap! Lucky the did the scan! Some might have just turned you away! Hoping all the best Jay! Where was the tumour? I guess it wasn't deep in?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch... how are you coping? Feel better and drink lots of non-alcoholic fluids.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whiner.

So, do you feel any different after brain surgery? I bet you're pissed that you won't be able to use the "I have a headache" excuse to escape your husbandly duties anymore. And scared that they secretly implanted some sort of FBI listening device in your head.

(Kidding, of course. [Smile] )

Hang in there!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a Republican plot.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To pick his brain? B)

Best of luck, J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FUUUCK! Wiz, you bastard! I was gonna use that joke!

Holy Jumpin' Jellybean! Glad you caught it (scary as I'm sure it is for you- new baby and all).
Radiation treatments have come a looong way in recent years- the old days of scary rad-sickness are mostly over, so dont get sick(er) with worry over that.

I guess you have something to really be thankful for tomorrow, right? [Wink]

So: Will they let you keep the piece of brain they cut out? (a Simpsons joke)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Crap! Lucky the did the scan! Some might have just turned you away! Hoping all the best Jay! Where was the tumour? I guess it wasn't deep in?

The odd thing

As I understand where it was it was somewhere just behind the right eye... I don�t remember much about what happened about the procedure at all.

I don�t remember getting the cat scan, I remember something about my pants and then waking up in the ICU with someone asking me what my wife�s name was.

And me thinking, why do you want to know?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it was caught, ggod luck with treatments.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG....

I'm so sorry to hear about that.....

Are you okay? I mean, emotionally? There have been a few times that I've been sent in for testing to check for a brain tumor in the last year, and just testing alone scared me to death. I can't imagine what you've gone through.....

You'll be in my prayers, and I'm thinking of you... I'm here for ya is there's anything I can do for you....

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give him your Brain!

Sorry- the image of Zombie Jay just sprang to mind.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought they had to keep people conscious during brain surgery. So they know if they poke the wrong bit.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us updated when you can.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they did poke the wrong bit, he wouldn't feel it anyway since the brain itself doesn't have any nerve endings.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.