Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » American Popular Culture At Its Best (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: American Popular Culture At Its Best
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Buttafuocos, Amy Fisher Plan TV Reunion

More than a decade after 16-year-old Amy Fisher had a sexual relationship with a much-older car mechanic and shot his wife in the face, the one-time "Long Island Lolita" and Joey and Mary Jo Buttafuoco have agreed to appear together in a televised reunion.

All three have signed on for the appearance, which has yet to be sold to a network, television producer David Krieff told the New York Post for Monday editions.

"It's time to just put it behind us," Fisher, now 31, told the newspaper. "We played this all out in a public eye. It'd be interesting to let the public see the healing process at the end. They saw everything else � why not let them see the final product?"

Fisher spent seven years in prison.

Joey Buttafuoco, who was jailed for statutory rape following the 1992 shooting, said he planned to ask Fisher to explain her actions.

"I've been asked about a million times by Mary Jo, `Why did Amy shoot me?' I was never able to get that answer," said Buttafuoco, now 49.

"There's going to be a lot of shocking revelations, and that's why I'm excited to sit down to do this," he said.

The Buttafuocos moved to California and divorced in 2003. Mary Jo, who remains partially paralyzed from the shooting, is engaged.

Joey Buttafuoco, who has remarried, was sentenced in March 2004 to a year in jail and five years' probation after pleading guilty to felony insurance fraud. In August, he pleaded not guilty to charges that he violated probation by possessing ammunition.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's time to just put it behind us," Fisher, now 31, told the newspaper.

Fortunately, the rest of us have already put it behind us. In the sense that we don't give a crap. And I don't think you can say you're putting it behind you by dragging the whole thing up again. But if they must, I'm sure Springer would love to have them as guests.

"There's going to be a lot of shocking revelations"

If he's never been able to get answers, how does he know there will be shocking revelations?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a tsunami of hyperrealism to my poor little brain. Wonder if Miss Buttafuoco is related to Umberto Eco.
Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I allowed to be horribly immature for a second?

Buttafuoco

Are you sure the date on this isn't April 1st?

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If only it were.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other televised reunions we'd like to see:
  • Catching Just Desserts: OJ Simpson Has Dinner with the Families of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman
  • Cutting Ties: The Bobbitt Family Reunion
    Three's a Crowd: The Clintons Vacation with Monica Lewinsky
  • When Fans Attack: Jodie Foster and Ron Hinkley Jr. Together at Last
  • Unimpeachable: The Reunion of Mark Felt and the Ghost of Richard Nixon

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know - that little synopsis up there is the first I knew why any of those people were in the news.

I'm pretty sure I was in college during that time. Maybe I was drunk, what am I saying - of course I was drunk.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of them either. But then again I was only 9 years old at the time.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a Soul Coughing song that is so on-topic here.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Siggy's list I'd probably add having the Menendez brothers going round their old house with a spiritualist or medium or whatever. If I've actally got the name right. And if they're still alive.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alive, but serving paroleless life sentences.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"I've been asked about a million times by Mary Jo, `Why did Amy shoot me?' I was never able to get that answer," said Buttafuoco, now 49.

Maybe it's because your an ass who ruined the life of a young girl.

to Not Invented Here:

Buttafuoco is the guy's real name, just like a fella on TV I saw called Guy Penis. There's nothing funny about Mr. Penis.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- William Shatner and his first hairpiece.
- Tonya Harding and what she uses that billy club for NOW.
- Mike Tyson and Alfred P. Newman in "Lend me your ears"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Shatner just sell his kidney stone for charity?
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

He sure did.

I think the lucky fan plans to put it in his collection next to DeForest Kelley's tape worm.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps