Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » And The South Rises Again! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: And The South Rises Again!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monuments to troops from Massachusetts, Pennsylvannia, and New York, at Gettysburg National Park, were vandalized to the tune of $50k.

I imagine a bunch of rednecks getting drunk and doing this while carrying on about how "the south will rise again!"

Either that, or a bunch of dumbass college kids.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morons.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, sometimes considering some of the people from the South cutting them off during the Civil War wouldn't have been a bad idea. Then again I was born in Maryland which is right on the border I think.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in the deep south, and I f***ing hate the Rebel flags, venerated Confederate monuments, and similar bullsh**.

That "duh South w' rise agin!" crap seems quieter than it was in the 80's when it was fashionable for rednecks to have bumper stickers to that effect (albeit bumper stickers spelled with surprising correctness), but you'll still see the occasional 'tard with one.

Personally, I think we should build thousands and thousands of copies of the troop monuments that were vandalized (using money from the taxpayer dollars of former Confederate states), and use a portion of the copies as torpedoes against Rebel-flag-wavin', South-will-rise-again-bumper-stickered hick trucks.

That'll learn 'em.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Then again I was born in Maryland which is right on the border I think."

You "think"? Ah, the wonders of the American education system.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow South Florida manages to bypass that "southern" mentality, but once you get into central and north Florida, stand back!
It's a white pickup with a axe-handle in the rear view mirror kind of world.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they do call it the border state. Technically it's the south, but I've always considered it the north. I never paid attention to what side the Mason-Dixon Line it was.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then you have Texas, which is just a bizarro world unto itself. But we have quality Tex-Mex, and that makes everything all right.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason Maryland is "technically" the South is because it is located "south" of the Mason-Dixon line (aka, the Maryland/Pennsylvannia border).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Somehow South Florida manages to bypass that 'southern' mentality..."

Probably because it's populated entirely by retired northerners.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Cubans

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming from a Tennessean, this South will rise again crap is one of the most mind bogglingly stupid things that ever gets spouted out of someones mouth down here

Especially on a college campus populated nearly entirely by rural (IE Redneck) dudes.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Somehow South Florida manages to bypass that 'southern' mentality..."

Probably because it's populated entirely by retired northerners.

A misconception at this point.

Lots o' Cubans though- it's becoming a serious discrimination issue in Miami (as no one can get a city contract if they dont happen to have a spanish last name).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you serious? Even if you're a born and bred American? Damn man. You guys need to do a better job of sinking those illegal immigrant rafts [Smile]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, there are only so many submarines in the US Navy.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps