Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Let's get a little oldschool... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Let's get a little oldschool...
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
Thank god you put up and explanation.... I honestly thought my new medication was making me hallucinate... whew....

Maybe you are hallucinating, and only thought you read some posted explanation... (me=evil [Big Grin] )

I joined not too long after this scheme went bye-bye. I do rather like it. I love the total eclipse effect that's been missing from the current version of Flare. Like Nim, I also find it a lot easier on the eyes. I echo the question of "viewing options". I like this better, but I respect those who don't, and it would be nice if the option were available. Somehow. Maybe...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the newer bluey version better. These colors have, I dunno, too much of a "THIS SI MY SIFI BUAORD! WHO WHERE LIEKS STARTREK!!" flavor, and not so much the restrained and subtler tones I've come to love. And because I went to graphic designer school, my vote counts double, no triple! I'd be curious to see MCARS, but I doubt I'd want to use for more than, say, 20 minutes. Were this look to again become dominant, I too would prefer an option to switch back to the blue.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I trump you with my decade of Graphic Design credits and dusty diploma!
okay, that's enough- we're starting to sound like that assinine "Yougioh!" cartoon.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assinine? That cartoon is downright retarded! Who watches a show where people play card games?! Utterly moronic.

As for a custom color palette for flare. I like the idea. but it should be fully customizeable. Then we can compare each others color schemes. Although it would take quite a lot of work.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh crap we've entered the mirror Flare and I forgot to grab my towel!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, in the Mirror Toadkiller's genitals are much larger: cover up or be found out as the imposter and subjected to the Agonizer!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This design feels closed-in and, I don't know, cavelike, which makes it great for the double top secret moderator forum, but here not so much.

On the topic of, like, selectable layouts, a page I like even though I know nothing about it.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, styling a UBB is more than just CSS trickery. In particular, there's HTML changes. The way the current design and this one handle the upper left image, for example, are entirely different and incompatible.

There would be a way to allow you to choose entirely, however for each option, we end up potentially doubling the amount of disk space used, and we're already hitting the limit once a week. (Every time you visit a page, the code checks on disk to see if it already built a copy for somoene, and if so, it sends that to you instead. This saves a lot of processing power. Unfortunately, it eats disk space like candy, especially when we have search engine spiders crawling the foums 24/7. With the potential for each page to have two or more HTML styles, the total amount of space possibly needed would increase each time.)

There'll be more cool stuff down the road as far as styles are concerned depending on what the new codebase ends up looking like...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
This design feels closed-in and, I don't know, cavelike, which makes it great for the double top secret moderator forum, but here not so much.

On the topic of, like, selectable layouts, a page I like even though I know nothing about it.

Fuck that Jane Austin looking candy-assed jive.
I'm for the batcave look and that's all there is to it:
Charles, I'll double your supply of White if you switch to this full time, or at least let the Flameboard stay this way.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MCARS theme is what we had when Flare first opened. I remember it being like that when I first registed 7 years ago...

Which reminds me, when is Flare's anniversary, Charles? Its coming up soon...

Unless, of course, this is the anniversary memorial thingy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Which reminds me, when is Flare's anniversary, Charles? Its coming up soon...

Unless, of course, this is the anniversary memorial thingy.

March 12th is the official date.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, it's only a week away. we should have a Flare party! I'll bring the munchies!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be the topless dancer!
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, seven years already. I've spent the best years of my life here. And the so-so.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.