Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Let's get a little oldschool... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Let's get a little oldschool...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, feels like old times....

Was it that long ago I asked Chris(?) if they were going to do write ups for the Renny Class and some of the other more obscure ones?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
I'll be the topless dancer!

Note to self: Bring video camera.

If I weren't so bloody houseridden, Charles, I'd buy you a pizza at Zeek's. Maybe even dinner at the Space Needle.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*appears*

More retro indeed! [Wink]

*disappears*

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retro goodness. I remember the MCARS. May 1999 for me, would have been March or April except for the picky mail address rule.

I think I'm the only member left with a color status line from a while back.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone ever actually go inside the Space Needle restaurant? Too spendy to draw in the tourists, and too gimmicky to be classy.

Or such has been my impression in the past.

One other thing that bugs me about this design, or rather its current implementation, is that there doesn't appear to be a color difference between visited and unvisited links. A minor issue, I am aware.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:

I think I'm the only member left with a color status line from a while back.

Hmmm I'd forgotten all about that- how do I turn mine Red?

Grey, Black and Red seem to be my colors this year.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
Who watches a show where people play card games?! Utterly moronic.

Well, so much for me watching World Series of Poker now.....

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant little childrens card games with stupid looking monsters and retarded accessories.

World Series of Poker. Wow. Sounds about as much fun as watching snow fall. And trust you me, that is BORING!

My opinion on games of skill/chance is the same as sports. It's more fun to participate than to watch. And I found playing sports to be boring enough already.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was living over in Japan when Pokemon was first airing over there. I remember thinking "Wow! This is never going to make it to the States!"

HAH!! [Roll Eyes]

That was just bad, but YuGiOh! just makes me want to take a drill to my head. Okay, Whatshername -- the main chick -- is totally crushing on YuGiOh, but doesn't recognise him as YuGi? Even though they have the same clothes, same features, same hair (save for the former's red sripe), and almost the same name? No wonder YuGiOh doesn't respond to her interest. I would hate to have a girlfriend who was dumber than a glass of water!

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kids shows that leave adults bewildered??
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Zeek's, they do good pizza. While in Seattle we toyed with the idea of eating in the Space Needle restaurant but decided not to, not sure why, too much hassle, maybe we weren't hungry, I dunno.

But. . . God, this takes me back! I wish more of the older stuff - Behaviour, SFCR - had been archived. I had a few threads from SFCR saved (and a shitload of the CapComs as well) on a HD that went tits-up.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I put off dining at the Space Needle for a loooong time. It's been my experience that touristy places like that... well, you pay for the view/experience, not the food. But is was actually astonishingly good. It's one of my regular Seattle dining spots, now that Boondock's, Umberto's, and the Gravity Bar are gone, and the Soundview Caf� has lost everything that made me like it. *sigh* Change can be good, but not always.

--Jonah

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I wondered if the Space Needle had a website, and the answer is yes, but from their title I wonder if they're a little insecure about it.

And, anyway, how much for a nice steak I wonder? Oh, $49.00? I'll be sure to eat there never. (I was also too cheap, on my only visit, to buy one of those gigantic jawbreaker candies that the kids seemed to be all over when I was in seventh grade or whatever.) [Plus I spent the elevator trip examining how far the windows were inset, wondering if, should the floor mysteriously drop away Prince of Persia style, I would be able to get a good grip.] And a billion dollars to eat and then for gourmet coffee there's a Starbucks?

Take that fine dining!

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting to walk down memory lane. 7 years, nearly on par with the longest running trek series.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering I lived through them all, I'm having a hard time remembering the various guises under which the good ship EnterForum has sailed. This particular one was, what, 1999-2000?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.