Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Relationships revisited... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Relationships revisited...
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was feeling a little nostalgic, thanks to this retro colour scheme, so I wandered back in the Lounge to read every thread I'd participated in since I joined. The relationships thread of a couple years ago caught my attention. I know some people have had things happen, and I thought I'd see what news on the interpersonal bond front there was.

And maybe coax some of the old-timers out of the Land of Lurk.

I know Topher's been the star of his own soap opera. Shik is returning to the light like Orpheus emerging from Hades. Liz is dealing with a much more complicated life these days. Jen and I have been together for nearly seven years now. My first seriosly long-term relationship. Lots of learning going on with both of us. Not always a picnic (like now, when I've been a thousand miles away from her for almost a year!), but well worth every moment of joy or pain. I love her as much today as I did the day we met (silly, I know). Maybe more.

So how about everyone else? Lee? Diane? Bueller?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're asking about Lee, you surely haven't been paying attention.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to bore you with the minutiae of my personal life, Timothy!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apology accepted.

Where has Tom been for the last few months, anyway? I think he's been porking some poor girl's brains out, but that is mere theory.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A theory that is far more palatable than the horrifying reality of the explanation of Frank's absence these past few years - that he's been porking some poor girl's brains out. . .

No, seriously, if I share too much of myself here, please do let me know. Perhaps I should be more Tim-like (which would make me Jeff, so not really an attractive option) - after all, what do we really know about Nix? Nix, nada, zip, bupkiss, in fact - we know he works in a library, and is mnorbidly obese. Which probably isn't true in any case.

Perhaps we should turn this into an "Introduce Yourself" thread (or create one): My name is Lee, I'm married to Kate, we have a daughter Tallulah and two cats Dizy and Frazzle. None of these names are used as passwords. I work in IT, we live in Bristol, UK, and have two cars, a Renault Megane and a Ford Fiesta. I'm 5'11", 220lbs and (Liam take note) have a full head of blond hair. Kate and I have been together for 5 years, married for 4. Something like that?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My name is Jason, I live in Fort Lauderdale, I like all music (except country), I like candlelit dinners and walks along the beach..."

Naaaa.

Finding out all our quirky backgrounds a bit at a time makes it all fun....then at the end, only a few will remain and we'll find out who the mystery killer is.
I'm betting it's Omega, with a crucifix in the study.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
Member # 393

But not before the revelation that, to prevent his mind from straying towards lustful thoughts of sins of the flesh, he wears underwear made from barbed wire.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is Niklas and in the end it turns out I love lamp.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lamp"? Not a Lava Lamp, I hope...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is _______, I live at _______________, ______________, __, USA, and I am _'_" (___cm) tall and weigh ___ lbs. (___kg). I enjoy _____________________________, _______________________, _______________, and ___________________________ in the ___________. Thank ___.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name's Stephen, I live in Nashville, TN. I'm 21, a senior at Lipscomb University, and unless something goes terribly wrong, I'll be graduating in May with degrees in computer science and computer engineering. (They told me I couldn't pull of a double major in four years, so I did, just to show 'em.) Next fall, I'll be attending Vanderbilt University for graduate studies in electrical engineering. I'm a Christian, and if you didn't know that, I'm doing something wrong. [Smile]

After some months of persuit, I am now dating a wonderful girl named Melissa. The first ten days of our relationship have gone very well, except for that bit where her back yard caught fire. (And even that was pretty funny.) I am presently unemployed, thanks to some wonderful scholarships. I'll be an RA at Vandy when I get there, and I'm currently searching for an internship of some kind this summer.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

No, seriously, if I share too much of myself here, please do let me know. Perhaps I should be more Tim-like (which would make me Jeff, so not really an attractive option) - after all, what do we really know about Nix? Nix, nada, zip, bupkiss, in fact - we know he works in a library, and is mnorbidly obese. Which probably isn't true in any case.

Yeah, it's probably more like a book-store.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
After some months of persuit, I am now dating a wonderful girl named Melissa.

That rocks- even if you get dumped, you can go get drunk and play "Sweet Melissa" on the juke box over and over untill you drown in your own vomit.

Good to have a fallback plan, I always say.

I missed that you were a Christian though- I thought you were, you know....joking. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
But not before the revelation that, to prevent his mind from straying towards lustful thoughts of sins of the flesh, he wears underwear made from barbed wire.

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
The first ten days of our relationship have gone very well, except for that bit where her back yard caught fire. (And even that was pretty funny.)

Sexual frustrations lead to pyromania, I understand...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my name is TIM, I live at THE XTREME, and I am SO tall and weigh A THOUSAND. I enjoy CARTOGRAPHY, VISIBLE PANTY LINES, CROSSFIRE, and COCK in the BUTT. Thank GOD.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Yeah, well, those don't even match the right number of letters. So, crap on that, sir.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps