Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ahem. (Page 7)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Ahem.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Receding hairlines and floppy fringes are a no-no. This way lies comb-overs.

I'd say floppy fringes in general should be avoided. Unless you're...

Nope, can't think of an anything.
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
[qb] *flat glare* "Re-creating"? With the exception of the odd time I've gotten bored and shaved, I've work that beard since 1993. When I get my yearbooks unpacked, I can prove it.

You should not be proud of this.

quote:
P.S. The style has been around since the mid-1800s. Triple H didn't invent it, y'know. [Razz]

He is the King of Kings. He invented everything ever.

My word, I'm mean today.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought "Metallica tribute beard" the moment I saw it.

Really, it's not terrible, you just need a beard trimmer to make it even.
They're only like twenty bucks....

YOu kind of look like you should be serving drinks at the Hellfire Club.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I haven't posted a picture for literally decades."

Yeah, but considering how you looked then...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ready for Weekly World News is our pal, Liam.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
You kind of look like you should be serving drinks at the Hellfire Club.

Almost the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, Jason. And it's funny you shoud say that, as the illusion Jason Wyngarde during the Dark Phoenix Saga was my original exposure to the style. And I have been to New ork's Hellfire Club. Wasn't serving drinks, though...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Sad that they lobotomized Wyngarde/Mastermind in the last X-Men movie.
They even went so far as to keep his mis-matched eye color though...stupid they called him "Stryker" (what a bullshit name).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike X-Men names in general! Which are totally sensible! Psylocke!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

No, not a supergero name: "Stryker" was the guy's last name in the movie (his dad is the movie's main bad guy that gave Wolverine his claws/skeeleton).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well that's one hundred percent different as I cannot think of any bizarre and/or implausable X-Men surnames. (Though, to be fair, all the ones that spring to mind are, like, Spider-Man characters or something.)
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Osborne? Octavius? Parker? Jameson? Watson?

*heh*

Accept that to make the movies, they're going to have to mush all of the X-Men fluff together. In the comics, the Canadian government was the entity that gave Wolvie his Adamantium, and the process was created by the father of Lady Deathstryke. William Stryker was a former Army officer who became an anti-mutant born-again type after his irradiated sperm caused his son to be a mutant. He was rushing his pregnant wife to hospital, they crashed, she gave birth to "a monster". He killed it, and his wife for giving birth to such a thing, and started preaching to the masses.

Rogue was a nameless orphan taken in by Mystique down in the Louisiana bayous and trained to be a super-villain.

And they didn't even bother to at least have the five original X-Men be the team in the first one. *shrug*

I love them as movie adaptations, though.

--Jonah

P.S. THey should have gotten Iman to play Storm. And with all their other attention to detail, they should have gotten her eyes right.

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, it's weird. I've always liked the X-Men, although I was far from being a devoted follower of the comcs. And I liked both films, and am looking forward to the next one (although Christ knows how I'll get to see it, having only been to the cinema once in the past year and a half and thus missed Batman Begins, V For Vendetta, God knows what else).

But I can't keep track of the characters. Especially remembering which ones have been in the films to date, and how their backstories therein compare to the original comics predeccessors. I try, but my eyes just glaze over. I need a chart. Something that tells me nickname, real name, what they look like in film and comic, backstory in film and comic. . . One day I'll put something together, or at least successfully Google something.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Almost the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me, Jason. And it's funny you shoud say that, as the illusion Jason Wyngarde during the Dark Phoenix Saga was my original exposure to the style.

Taking your hairstyle cues from Marvel comics' characters is a risky affair.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
YOu kind of look like you should be serving drinks at the Hellfire Club.
I can't stand men in corsets. It smells like...defeat.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I STILL think Rom, Spaceknight was one of the best characters Marvel did. A shame marketing issues killed it...and virtually everything else associated with the character. Though I have heard some rumors that someone is attempting to do a movie deal.

-

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

ROM: SPACE TOASTER

Rom was actually extremely well done for it's day: a LOT of supporting charcters died horribly at the hands of the Dire Wraiths (shape-shifting alien badies that vamp all your knowledge while siphoning out your brain via a tounge probiscus thingie).

He'd need a serious update if a movie/TV movie were to fly.

Did you draw that? Your anatomy is a bit off...

I've been re-discovering my alltime favorite sci-fi comic: Alien Legion.
Man, the TPB of the second series are amazing- lots on nopn-humanoid aliens and cool spaceships like nothing seen before (or since).
Jugger Grimrod is my personal role model in all things.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps