Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ahem. (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Ahem.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my impressive but very selective comic collection I have the entire run of Rom (first series I collected seriously, starting with the first issue -- I was five at the time), including the recent Spaceknights five-issue miniseries; and the entirety of Alien Legion. And, thanks to my Peter David-Incredible Hulk run, I have the issue where Rom and Candy show up for Rick Jones' wedding. [Smile]

Nim: No corsets on men when I was there. A girl draped along a motorcycle getting hot wax dribbled on her, a couple people in various degrees of gimp-suit, a variety of restraints and pain-inflicting devices, and good music and drinks... But no men in corsets.

Liam: It's okay. X-Men was where I first SAW that beard style, but I had plenty of time to research it before my own face-fur started growing in seriously enough to do anything like that..

--Jonah

P.S. Happy was I last year when Marvel did a six-issue Beta Ray Bill miniseries. I've always loved that Korbinite construct...

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that bit where Rom and Brandy made the wedding was sweet- no explanation as to how was even attempted.
I passed on the "spaceknights" limited series though- looked bad. Real bad.

I may do some Alien Legion sketches- so inspired am I after re-reading them in TPB (cheap as dirt via Amazon too!).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
ROM: SPACE TOASTER

Did you draw that? Your anatomy is a bit off...

Yeah, I'm the culprit on that. I was bored and trying to find some inspiration to get the artistic juices flowing and did a quick ink & colored pencil rendering. I realized the errors after I inked it but for just a 10 min. sketch it ain't THAT bad.

I am going to do some more though.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's better than a lot of published "glamor shots" that used to be at the back of Marvel Fanfare.

Draw a nice Sarigar.

I'm thinkig of doing a Grimrod sketch based on Sean Bean (Alien Legion creator Carl Potts says that's who he'd cast as Grimrod in a proposed AL movie, and I wholeheartedly agree).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... Here's an old drawing of my character for a Transformers RPG I played back in the day. And while I'm at it, here is a pic of Minerva -- who I mentioned way earlier in this thread. I also have more screengrabs from Headmasters, including a couple of neat ones with Perceptor (yes, I used "Perceptor" and "neat" in the same phrase).

And heck, since I'm thinking about it, here's a scan of the development and prototype for Megatron. Now see where the animators got their reference?

And because I'm feeling wacky, here's one of the things that makes cel animation fun.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Well... Here's an old drawing of my character for a Transformers RPG I played back in the day. And while I'm at it, here is a pic of Minerva -- who I mentioned way earlier in ththe TF casting call thread. I also have more screengrabs from Headmasters, including a couple of neat ones with Perceptor (yes, I used "Perceptor" and "neat" in the same phrase).

And heck, since I'm thinking about it, here's a scan of the development and prototype for Megatron. Now see where the animators got their reference?

And because I'm feeling wacky, here's one of the things that makes cel animation fun.

--Jonah

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Well... Here's an old drawing of my character for a Transformers RPG I played back in the day. And while I'm at it, here is a pic of Minerva -- who I mentioned way earlier in ththe TF casting call thread. I also have more screengrabs from Headmasters, including a couple of neat ones with Perceptor (yes, I used "Perceptor" and "neat" in the same phrase).

--Jonah

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(yes, let's all quote what you just said!)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
(yes, let's all quote what you just said!)

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Okay, how the fuck did that happen? I looked to double-check I wasn't quoting myself when I went in to edit a typo. Shit-monkeys. Why is there a time limit on editing/deleting?

There, see, I DO know the difference. This wasn't the sort of commentary I was hoping to spark...

--Jonah

--------------------

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehe... you said "Shit monkeys"

I like that.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peregrinus said:
quote:
Nim: No corsets on men when I was there. A girl draped along a motorcycle getting hot wax dribbled on her, a couple people in various degrees of gimp-suit, a variety of restraints and pain-inflicting devices, and good music and drinks... But no men in corsets.
No, you did. Have one, I mean. As the first ever (trial) ladyboy of the Hellfire Club.
I guess it was meant kind of as a nudge-nudge joke. It's what guys do sometimes... From time to time...
Dear oh dear.

Anyway, get well soon!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Oh-ho-ho... I would not have been the first ladyboy of the Hellfire Club by ANY stretch. I will spare you descriptions. [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Here in SoFla, the Fetish crowd and the transgender crowd are pretty seperate.

Most of the (straight) latex set know each other already (sadly, I'm now far removed from the scene, though I still get the occasional invite).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fetish crowd or the transgender crowd?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.