Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 55)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spray on solar panels that work in the dark?

Stumbled across this just now, sounds interesting if it catches on.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome. Hope it catches on.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they paint an electric car with that stuff I would totally buy it, or even a regular car, can you imagine never having a dead battery ever again?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
If they paint an electric car with that stuff I would totally buy it, or even a regular car, can you imagine never having a dead battery ever again?

Come home and have your solar panel-roofed house charge up your electric car.

Expect utility rates to skyrocket though- they'll jack their prices as energy becomes cheaper to maintain quarterly business plans.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42701096/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Hey Jason? thoughts on this epic of youth evil? you are the forums resident Floridah expert, after all? o.O

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the fuck is wrong with people?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy fuck...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's wrong that I laughed at that story...isn't it?

I love the photos- one one guy must have resisted arrest to get that beatdown look and the girl in question looks like an ugly ferret.

Man, dont get murdered over an ugly chick. Soo wrong.
Would you get killed over this girl?!?
quote:
Seath Jackson was hit in the head and shot, but he still tried desperately to flee the home in Summerfield where the attack occurred Sunday, police said.

He was shot again and his body was placed in a bathtub, where his knees were broken so his body would fit in a sleeping bag. He was still alive, so he was shot again, and then his body was burned in a backyard fire pit, according to arrest documents. His ashes were shoveled into paint containers.

Fuck no.

The thing you have to understand about Florida is that the coast is relatively sane (if corrupt at all levels) but it gets crazier as you head toward the center of the state...something about the number of mobile homes causing brain damage...like how power lines make people sick.
Mobile homes and murder- aggrivated by the number of pickups and ATV's a person owns.

Everything bad you've ever seen about Florida in movies and TV shows? Totally real.

Makes nihilism a spectator sport.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

does it help you have football incest going on down there too: Gator/noles i mean no wonder nobody in jacksonville gives a shit about the jags? or the bible-Humpers?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Team sports help vent and prepare for the murderous urges.
Jocks learn to hur people and vapid teen girls learn that physical attractivness and socal standing are their lever and fulcrums in life.

Add to that volitile mix a state leglislature in love with the NRA and no waiting period or background check for private firearms sales and you get some good, old-fashioned, homestyle, down south murder.

These people were morons- who burns a body in their own firepit?!?
For that matter, what kind of freaks need a firepit in Florida!?! It's 88 degrees here this week!

Teh PW
Member # 1203

same dudes that wondered what was up but didnt give a fuck because they were going to work... *shrug*

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

When the neighbors have guns, people get deaf real selectively.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atlas Bombed...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mars needs women wrote:
quote:
Atlas Bombed...
Ding!, achievement #54 met: experience Schadenfreude while eating a salami sandwich. Never done that before.
Teh PW
Member # 1203

I never heard of it (AS7-Ds Atlas 'Shrugged' varient)

it makes you ask why they even bothered with theather? (who ever limited the shows)

Meanwhile, a nation is really FUCKING bombed (by nature)

wow. Im so glad i live in Ohio. Parts of the south are wonderful (assuming you ignore the blight, the corruption, the Conderate politics, etc) but fuck that.

Oh course, i'll play the pessemist/Optumist game. The only 'good' that comes from this is the statistics: the republicans will bitch that unemployments rates rise (duh) but the dems will say 'Not as much' (of course not. at least 300 DIED in this storm, thus that's 300 LESS people to FILE for claims, right?

wow. i just managed to really fucking depress myself... [Frown]

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.