Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 56)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't unemployment rates drop due to rebuilding efforts?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, right now: Billy and Kate get married, what sounds like Star Wars music plays during the exit procession.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And speaking of the Royal Wedding...
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im doing my best to avoid all that but Doonsbury's been been tormented in covered both the wedding and Trump's asshatery Birthate

so how is it? o.O

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:

Meanwhile, a nation is really FUCKING bombed (by nature)

wow. Im so glad i live in Ohio. Parts of the south are wonderful (assuming you ignore the blight, the corruption, the Conderate politics, etc) but fuck that.

Oh course, i'll play the pessemist/Optumist game. The only 'good' that comes from this is the statistics: the republicans will bitch that unemployments rates rise (duh) but the dems will say 'Not as much' (of course not. at least 300 DIED in this storm, thus that's 300 LESS people to FILE for claims, right?

wow. i just managed to really fucking depress myself... [Frown]

All the Republicans that stood on their high horse and refused stimulus money are now screaming to the government to give them cash to rebuild.

Yes, they're blaming Obama for spending too much while demanding money for their own states.
Where are the brave Tea Party patriots? Where is their fiscal responsibility in a trillion dollar deficit?
I guess they'll get the money from women's clinics and school lunch programs... [Wink]

mark my words- some asshat will call this "Obama's Katrina" no matter how fast money is doled out or people helped.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and for those of you who didn't catch the royal wedding, here's a very quick summary.
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now Apple is going to sweep all those news stories off the TV tomorrow with news of the revised iMac. Woohoo!

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Riiiight.
Maybe if Steve Jobs was on the Seal team that killed Bin Laden -and he personally killed him with a new IMac, then it might get mentioned.

Maybe.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not Steve-o. He's too rich to do that himself. He'd have Jonny Ive do it. [Smile]

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Nim
Member # 205

I want to shave Steve Jobs' scalp, in search of the mark.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

"It is a human symbol...the sybmol of the Apple."

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Everything bad you've ever seen about Florida in movies and TV shows? Totally real.

Makes nihilism a spectator sport.

Remember waaay back when I said this?

Gets more true every damn day.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or this?

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/two-men-stabbed-after-sign-language-was-mistaken-for-gang-signs

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah...that was funny.
How many beers does it take before sign language becomes "gang signs"?

Also, why were deaf people having a conversation in a redneck bar? I have never met a deaf redneck (Deafneck?) so it's implausable the two just met for the first time there.

I bet the cops, once the reports were all written and prisoners processed, bust out laughing at the sheer "WTF?" of the whole thing.

Really, they were stabbed but not killed? Even those bozos with the firepit managed to kill someone.
If you're going to stab someone sitting in a bar, go for the neck- duh.

The hell of it is, the bus I take goes right by that place- it's a squat cream colored brick block of a dive with no windows. A real life Moe's bar.

Here's some typical Florida crazy.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

quote:
Also, why were deaf people having a conversation in a redneck bar? I have never met a deaf redneck (Deafneck?) so it's implausable the two just met for the first time there.
Haven't you ever seen one lighting a dynamite stick from a cigar?
(feeling kind of guilty about that last stereotyping. But...not enough to remove it.)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps