Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 6)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shannon Lucid is fucking awesome.

Six girls at a rural high school were charged with homicide conspiracy after their principal found a list of 300 names and officials discovered online postings suggesting they kill people, authorities said Thursday.

School officials said the list, discovered in a classroom trash can, mostly named students and faculty members but also included Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey and the Energizer Bunny.
(Since when is killing Oprah & Tom Cruise a bad thing?)

A bridge over Seattle is becoming hazardous to the mental health of the dot-com employees and other office workers below, who keep seeing people jump to their deaths from the span.

Thirty-nine people over the past decade have committed suicide off the 155-foot-high Aurora Bridge -- eight in 2006 alone -- and counselors are regularly brought in to help office workers deal with the shock of seeing the leap or the bloody aftermath.
(Love to see the office pool THERE!)

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Energizer Bunny must die!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FedGov douches out dreams of space for contest winner.

WAY TO GO DOUCHEBAGS.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would he have to pay the tax, wouldn't the company be the one to pay?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, only if they want to. As the article mentions, some contest sponsors will provide money for the winner's taxes, but, of course, that just increases the amount of the prize, which increases the amount of taxes.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ambitious Eagle causes power outage in Alaska

I don't know whether to laugh at the dumb bird, or be mad at the people who unwittingly caused the whole problem.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are eagles eddible?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Mooninites invade Boston, much to Homeland Security's chagrin.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I wonder if people actually think...

I'm suprised no one at Cartoon Network thought that maybe leaving a bunch of box-shaped objects on public infrastructure may not be the smartest thing.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They really need to stop using the word "hoax". It implies some intent to deceive. Just because you assume that a thing is something other than what it is, that doesn't mean anyone was trying to make you think that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deceived by the Mooninites- definitely bad.
I could so see Chertoff and Negroponte in "Moon Master" costumes.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Needs more quad laser.
Shik
Member # 343

Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman warned against "unintended consequences" -- including job losses -- that he said might result if the government requires economy-wide caps on carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels. (Must be some of that "new math" I've been hearing about...)

A helpline for distressed fans of the popular Harry Potter series is being set up because two characters will be killed off in the final installment. (In a related story, Christian Slater circulates petition at local school to have J.K. Rowling visit.)

"The important thing to remember about Boston is that it was founded by hysterics." (opinion blog)

--------------------

Da_bang80
Member # 528

quote:
oh god! has the world gone mad? A help line for the death of a book character!!!!??? I honestly can't fathom the stupidity.
QFGDMFT!

Yeah, sure I was a little suprised/saddened by the death of Chewbacca in Vector Prime, but a help line for a Harry Potter book? I sure hope Rowling pays for it herself. I'd hate to think of some poor shmucks tax money going to help all those little kiddies who can't distinguish reality from a book.

--------------------

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woman fakes own illness/death, shows up to her own wake

Wow. Real life imitating the Internet.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps