Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The thread that just won't die - The Interrogation of Charles Capps (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The thread that just won't die - The Interrogation of Charles Capps
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to give my dissertation on the Pompatus of Love, aren't I? Okay, the phrase comes from the beginning of the Steve Miller Band's song Joker. He misheard it from an earlier song where the lyric was puppettes of love (a puppet prostitute). Nobody knows the real meaning of Pompatus. Except for me, that is, because I am the Pompatus of Love!
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there is a Latin noun, "pompa," which means "procession, parade, display." And...we can turn it into a deponent verb, pompatus! HAHAHA! Well, actually, this is a bit of a kludge, but it still vaguely works. I suppose the definition of said verb would be "to put on a parade, procession, etc." But, it's still a verb. Eh, this really doesn't work, then, unless you decide a "pompatus of love" is a "display of love" or "parade of love," but that doesn't make much sense if Siegfried is one. You know, I don't know why I brought this up in the first place, then...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Wildrider: "These guys better have some energon for us!"
Dead End: "Or what?"
Wildrider: "Or...I'll think of something!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I resent that last post by Frank. I am too a Pompatus of Love. I parade around love and constantly put on display the wonders and mystic beauty that is the strange phenomenon known as love. So don't you tell me I'm not the Pompatus of Love! 'Cause I am.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in the case I mentioned, you would be the actual display, not one who puts in the display. Although I think there's a structure that would work for the latter, so, while we're mangling the language, let's say "pompatus of love" means "one who puts on displays of love," then. So, sure, that works, I guess.

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Whatever. Boy, I love that word!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Apparently...

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Frank, are you mocking me?

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Yes! I mean...er...um...yes!

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

*evil glare at Frank*

You tempting the ancient powers of the Pompatus of Love, Frank. You have been warned.

*evil glare again*

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well, I'm having a hard time feeling threatened by something named "Pompatus"...

------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank has a rather vast Shadow fleet backing him up... I don't think one little Whatchamacallit of Love will scare him.

*Shows off his own Krenim fleet*

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

YES! HAHAHAHAHA! *sends Shadow fleet after Siegfried*

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

A Shadow fleet? Pshaw!
A Krenim Fleet? Pshaw!

I am the Pompatus of Love. And love conquers all. It is written as such. It is the eternal truth. Love conquers everything even Shadows and Krenim. And since I am the Pompatus of Love, that means that I can conquer you and have Krenim massaging my feet and bringing me lemonade as Frank is out weeding my flowerbeds.

Ah, the good life.

------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

*with a flip of his wrist, the Pompatus of Love stops the Shadow ships in their tracks. The ships pair off and wrap tentacles. What is going on here? The Shadow ships are doing the tango through space.*

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

*sends Particle Man after Siegfried*

------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps