Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Has anyone seen my 65 million dollar pants? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Has anyone seen my 65 million dollar pants?
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulNebula:
Indeed he did. (Although I'm laughing, kind of. It's like laughing at really awful horror movies.)

(edited because my first analogy sucked donkies for pennies.)

If you are looking for political correctness, or polite discorse, boy are you lost!!

Fucktard. I love brittish humor!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not at all, Kosh. If I were looking for polite discourse, I'd not have said anything at all. I'm just sticking up for myself here.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
Yes, I love "fucktard". I'd love to know where it's from though.

Isn't it like one of those Internet meme things... I *THINK* I saw it for the first time a few years ago on one of those ytmnd pages... and it's increased in use over the last year. Infact I find myself using it too! [Smile] It's a very useful word. I think the percussive 't' sound in it adds to it's impact, rather than it's compounding with the word 'retard'.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a word can have more than one meaning. Retarded and gay have more than one meaning.

Boy, we sure got off topic fast on this one, huh?

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well, we all knew it would get kicked out of cour like that episode of 'Becker' (anybody else watch that?).

I hope the fucktard gets dis-bard, as some of the other leagal types are calling for. And then rips his trousers on the way out. And then his house gets hit by lightning and his wardrobe burns down.

Or something bad. I dunno. I've not eaten my dinner yet.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya think this is over yet?
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/562391

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, is he expecting his case to go all the way up to the Supreme Court?
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original article links don't work anymore, so I have to ask, just how did he come up with his pant's value at $54 million? Does he have nothing better to do with his time?

My solution? Put him on The People's Court, and let him fight it out with the owners of the dry cleaners. Give him the value of the pants, and be done with it.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah- nothing like some vindictive nut useing the legal system to drive a small drycleaners out of business with a frivolus legal case.

Someone should strangle this guy with those pants for being such an ass.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The funny thing is that the pair of pants were eventually located, but the judge claims the pair is not his even though it all points to being his pair.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I remember he says that the pants that were found have turn-ups on the legs, but he claims that he's not worn turn-ups since the seventies and produced a picture to prove it.

He's gone for the 9 judge panel, I bet anyway, so he has the option to take it to higher legislation if they tell him to piss off - which I imagine they will.

Oh, and the $54,000,000 price tag? He demanded the cost of the suit when they didn't give him his trousers. Sometime after they offered him some compensation (forget how much, few thousand?).

He then took out a writ, originally demanding something like $65 million, but he reduced it later on in the trial. He came to this astronomical figure by combining the cost of the suit (a grand) + his legal fees (to pay himself his fee for defending himself) + the cost of hiring a car in perpetuity to go to another dry cleaners + a large fund for the cost of prosecuting other such injustices. And presumably a bag lunch.

And his case? The laundry had a sign in their window saying "Satisfaction guaranteed".

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly guy has some sort of mental disease, cause I don't think any sane man would keep at this for so long.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any person with a grudge and an axe to grind (like this guy here) wouldn't let this go so easily.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah I could understand if it was something severe, like if he or a family member of his had been harmed. But a pair of pants, give me a break.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

He obviously loved those trousers very dearly. We should feel his sorrow for the loss of his trousers and join with him in their memorial.

Or just laugh at him for being a tenatious fool.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.