Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » computer games (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: computer games
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm playing Oblivion too. My computer (my brother built it last summer) can only run it smoothly at about medium graphics, but that's ok. I felt the art style was very bland, and the gameplay somewhat overrated. Still, it's enjoyable and I plan to download some mods when I'm done with the game.

EDIT:
Also, I recommend giving Tomb Raider Legend a try since it's like, $10 for a new copy on Amazon and probably even cheaper on ebay. I downloaded it from GameTap (took 20 hours on DSL!), since it's one of the free-to-play games right now. It was a pretty fantastic puzzle/platformer similar to Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Not to mention it had great voiceovers and atmostphere (almost like a crossover between Bond and Indiana Jones). I was never a fan of the older Tomb Raiders, but overall Legend was a very enjoyable game.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...I play a lot of Katamari. On my PS2. Yes.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also playing Ratchet and Clank on my PSP as well as Lumines 2.0
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DaBang, look at the link in my sig. You go to the forums and you'll find that they are making a new Star Wars game based on the Freespace 2 engine.

The reason why they did it? Simple, the Freespace 2 Engine was simply the best out of all space sims. Including Tie fighter.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Halflife: Source isn't any more impressive than halflife in its original form. It may not be out for a while, but Black Mesa Source will truly be the most impressive reimagining of the original Halflife with the Source engine.

2. Steam has turned into a fantastic content provider, especially lately. Have you checked out the games that are available? It may have had a rocky start but that was years ago. It's coming into its own and it works really well.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.astroempires.com

Real time -- and it's free!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought about getting the Ultra Jam Packed Edition of Half-Life 2, but I decided to save the ten dollars. (Not like ten dollars really does me much good.) But I thought, am I going to be playing Counterstrike any time soon, really?

Since the door is open: that first new Prince of Persia was so good, but why so short?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I don't play much counterstrike either, but at least I got to download Half Life 2 Multiplayer for free.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about anyone else but I'm really looking forward to HL2:ep2. Not so much for the game (which looks really good) as for "Portal" that's being bundled with it. If you don't know what I'm talking about check out the trailer on youtube, it looks like an hysterically fun game.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am anticipating the Team Fortress 2 game. I was a huge TFC fan back in the day(as Charles also knows). The game looks like a true winner, taking all that was fun about TFC and expanding it.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Raven:
I am anticipating the Team Fortress 2 game. I was a huge TFC fan back in the day(as Charles also knows). The game looks like a true winner, taking all that was fun about TFC and expanding it.

QFT!

I loved TFC. The best character was the spy/scout. Playing dead then knifing someone in the back was the most fun I've ever had in a video game. And that assasination gametype was pretty neat. Although your defenders always fucked off and left you to kill everyone with your umbrella. Still good fun though. Can't wait for TFC2.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF2? What the hell? That's almost been in development as long as Duke Nukem Forever.

I bought a Mac specifically to stop playing computer games as I don't have a great deal of time for them right now. However, Portal may convince me to spend all my savings on a shiny new PC. But that means getting Vista these days. On second thoughts, I'll just go and buy a Wii and distract myself with Wii-sports.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Portal was going to be released on its own.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. Well, at least not in the shops. If like me you already own HL2 & Episode 1 then the only way to avoid doubling up is to buy the new stuff individually through Steam. Personally I'd prefer to have it on disc.

Speaking of portal, check this out.
Type "login", pick you own username and type "portal" as the password. from there there's lots to explore. But remember that the cake is a lie.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Holy crap, Portal looks awesome. And Reverend, once I type in portal, what I do I type in after. I'm not exactly experienced with DOS [Cool]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps