Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » iHate (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: iHate
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I got an iPhone (4GB). No, I didn't have to pay for it... yay gifts!

But when I tried to unlock it via iTunes, I was going to be subjected to renewing my line to another two year contract and automatically adding on an iPhone data plan.

So now my iPhone is a lovely paperweight since I refuse to restart my two year plan with AT&T.

Here are two videos I've made of me seeing it on the useless 'Activate iPhone' screen.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how everyone was hyping the release and now that its out the negativity starts flowing in. I'm glad I didn't waste money on that piece of shit. Mikey just sell it on ebay and let some sucker enjoy his/her new paperweight.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to get one until I found out I would have to add the $20/mo. data plan which I wouldn't really even be using.
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The iPhone reminds me of the PS3 and Christmas. All the build up to that moment, and then it's so "meh".
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to get one of those old style car phones - that were placed on top of large black bricks and only the very wealthy or snobby could buy! [Smile]

Or maybe a rotary telephone!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll just tie a piece a string between two cans. [Smile]
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I'll just tie a piece a string between two cans. [Smile]

Well, if it works for EarthLink's dial-up service...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have a paperweight that is estimated around $540 with tax in Los Angeles County.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And but so? eBay.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, simply do an Opus.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goes to prove my Law of Inverse Hypability. Loosely, it states that the more something is hyped, the less such hype is deserved; and vice-versa.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Great... not looking forward to Star Trek XI then...

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well who is, outside hardcore fans...
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did say they were trying to compete with Blackberries and the like. I would never get it unless I needed something like this for work (and work would pay for it).

P.S. Internet usage on cell phones is never going to take off with the general public if they keep charging an arm and a leg for it.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
General comment: Is anything worse than the Pro and Anti camps on any new thing?

Specific comment: This thread has overlooked the fact that the iPhone appears to be constructed of pure awesome. I can't imagine paying that kind of money for it, partly because I am a simple man of modest means; but it is nothing less than an actual factual PADD. It is Captain Picard's phone. Is it, like, any good as a telephone? Does the touchscreen work well for typing? Man, who cares? It is a shiny trespasser from the future.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps