Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Anybody in the Seattle/Portland area want to meet up? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anybody in the Seattle/Portland area want to meet up?
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking a trip to Seattle and Portland next February to travel and scope out the area for relocation (Yes, I'm getting out of LA!). Does anybody want to meet up?? Right now I'm looking at Feb 9-12 in Seattle and 13-16 in Portland.

(Simon, you must come. You have no choice.)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
East coast is where it's at. (Just sayin').

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the weather.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how you live without seasons.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Diane:
I don't like the weather.

And constant rain turns you on?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

I have never lived with defined seasons, so meh. Not fond of snow either.

I do like upstate New York, though it's not a place I can move to right now. And the Pacific Northwest is just as green.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
And constant rain turns you on?

Yep, I like rain [Big Grin] . I'm sick of the desert and yellow-brown landscapes. It rained twice here in the last two months, and before that the last rain was in FEBRUARY. Gimme rain and clouds and greenery!

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, well then come to State College. In the winter months we get like 45% more rain than the PacNorWest.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever we get past trying to get her to our own corners of creation...

I'm here and pretty much always available to meet up. Just say where and when. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

Great, Peregrinus. I'll pm you when my plans are finalized.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody comes to see me anymore. . . *sob*

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee, I've been trying to hie myself to the U.K. since forever. I've got family to look up and genealogical research to do, if nothing else. I promise when I finally get a plane ticket, you will be among the first to know. [Smile]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

quote:
Originally posted by Diane:
Great, Peregrinus. I'll pm you when my plans are finalized.

YAY! Lemme know what you want to do, where you want to go, or what you want to see. I make a great docent. THis is where I grew up, after all. And if you're looking at relocating, I can show you neighbourhoods and tell you about them and the greater surroundings. [Smile]

Show you some good places to shop, eat, and hang out, too. [Big Grin]

You know, the sorts of places I'd take Kurt, if he'd ever be up here long enough. [Razz]

--Jonah

--------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Nobody comes to see me anymore. . . *sob*

I don't know why I haven't been back to England...I miss it. It's just never been the right time, and now it's expensive due to the exchange rate . I'd probably go and live there for a while if not for immigration hassles. I loved upstate NY because it reminds me so much of the English countryside.

Jonah:
Where in PNW are you exactly? Vancouver? If not, why do you spell neighbourhood with a U? LOL

I'm mainly looking at Seattle and Portland, but I'm leaning toward Portland because it feels like a small town but still has the conveniences of a large city. Anyway, it's not set in stone yet and we'll see when I get there.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

Fucking Lefties...

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.