Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is to say who were the 1st three members of Flare?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing Charles is one of the three, although I shaln't guess which!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Piece of string. There are so many ways such a distinction could be quantified. . .

a) "Membership" of the Behaviour Group - that is to say, being a poster at the original Utopia Planitia WWWBoard, and/or subsequent incarnations - Starfleet Comm Relay, etc. - thereof.
b) Member number in this current incarnation. But by Charles'own admission, when he was setting up this UBB he largely imported known members in an ad hoc manner. But then, I was one of them but now use a different ID.
c) Going by number of posts. Which certainly confirms Tim and Simon as candidates for two of the positions. But then I've managed to clock up an impressive total in my newer ID, I wonder what'd happen if I added in my posts as The First One?

So, take your pick. Whichever criteria you used you'd likely end up with a shortlist of about ten - Tim, Sol, Liam, me, Andrew, Nim, Charles, Frank, Daryus, Fo2, Elim, Jeff (both flavours), Krenim, Monty, Siggy, Tahna, Baloo. . . You see the problem! Tell you what, just pick who you'd LIKE to have.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means that with Michael Dracon beinging Member #4 as a start. What names are in #1, #2, and #3 slots?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Number of posts doesn't really matter. Member number is probably the best, followed by the registered date.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I checked the list by member number, and noticed it started at four.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Members 1, 2, & 3 were destroyed before they were completed. Member 4 disappeared without a trace.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't talk about Flare models 1-3.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol Now I'm actually curious, why'd they start at 4? If I had to guess I'd say they were test accounts of some kind.

Also, incidentally, were the Vorlons and Shadows the #2 and #3 First Ones of the B5 universe? I mean, I don't think it was ever explicitly stated that they were, just that they were the ones that remained (along with Lorien, #1). They did say that the "Shadows were old when the ancients were young" so I took that to mean that the Shadows were the oldest First Ones (besides Lorien's species of course).

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been hanging around since the UP3 days - I remember the move over from the comm-relay and everyone sorta moved over in the one day. Or as I read above CC moved a lot over automatically?? Lee what was your original 'nick'?

Infact - who else has changed their 'nick' over the years? I have always been AndrewR. Yes, yes I'm not too imaginative with online nicks/aliases/names etc. Lucky this isn't the Matrix. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least you initial your last name. (Mine isn't even really a nick, when you think about it.) Let's form a club or something.
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one remembers me anymore, but I still pass through here every now and then... I'm the "Walkers of Sigma 957" of the First Ones...

"Vorlon tavutna chog!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Zog!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

According to legend, Flare Member #1 sacrificed his body parts to form the universe, the lesser gods, and the Yuuzhan Vong. In honor of his sacrifices, the Yuuzhan Vong in turn sacrificed body parts�and living beings�in remembrance of his act of creation. He was revered formally on the holiest days on the Yuuzhan Vong calendar; such dates were the occasions on which rites and sacrifices devoted to him were conducted. The Yuuzhan Vong were named for him, and it was a sacrilege to simply refer to them as "Vong" (which many in the galaxy did). Only the Supreme Overlord of the Yuuzhan Vong could address him, and the Supreme Overlord was ritually scarred and modified to resemble Flare Member #1.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
followed by the registered date.

AKC perchance?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps