Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Fabrux.

Like Hobbes, I too check in regularly if only to lurk mostly.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I date way back to the Behaviour days as well. It's mostly all a blur now though.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure Jay is no longer living. His profile here includes his birthdate, his ICQ number, and his location of Los Angeles. I looked up his ICQ profile, and it lists his name as John Webb. According to Social Security records (search page—can't link to results), John C. Webb of Los Angeles County, birthdate the same as Jay's, died October 7. Of course, it could be a different guy, but I think that's unlikely.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bows head in silence*

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this:
https://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp?Page=ObitFinderOrder&PersonID=95840298
I paid the $2.95 to get the full text.
quote:
WEBB, John Died October 7, 2007 in the comfort of his home after a courageous battle with brain cancer. Beloved husband of Deborah Horowitz Webb and adoring father of Lyla Rose, loving uncle to Tilly and Jasper. Son of Linda and Chester Webb, brother of Jeff. Son-in-law to Leslie and David Horowitz, brother-in-law to Janna and Bill Sandmeyer. Services will be held Wednesday, October 10, at 1 p.m., at Oakwood Cemetery, 22601 Lassen Street, Chatsworth, CA 91311.
[Frown]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit. That's Jay all right. My God, his daughter's only three months older than Lula (who was three two days ago). I really hope Lyla Rose remembers her dad. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any way we could let them know we're sorry and miss him, too?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe if someone in or near LA could get contact details from the funeral home, we could make contributions to a PayPal account and then send something?

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am all for that.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted in the memorial thread. Very sad news indeed.

I didn't want to have this bit in the memorial thread - so I thought I'd put it here:

I'm not trying to be crass or anything but does anyone know how he came about his online name? I remember watching "Q-Less" [DS9] one day and noticed that one of the aliens bidding in Quark's auction of Delta Quadrant artifacts was called "Rul the Obscure". Is this where he got it from? I guess I can't ask him now. [Frown]

Also, I edited down my post in the memorial thread. I didn't want it to be too wordy. Or nonsensicle. I hope it sounds ok.

I'm sorry that my querying brought this all up. It's sad to hear of his death but it's also nice to have some closure too. I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering.

A lot of us have been around this board (and it's previous incarnations) for nigh on 12 years now. That's a long time in the real world, and even longer on-line.

Rest In Peace, Jay.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found the phone number for the cemetery. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get contact info for his wife.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, but they will probably have to pass along the message, privacy and all.

It is too bad that we found out so late, I mean, damn, they are still in a state of mourning big time, but, we shouldn't wait any longer, reopening this hurt later won't help either.

It seems we are damned if we do it now or later.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

Looked at that way, there'd be a strong case for doing nothing at all. I doubt in their grief his family were saying "You'd have thought all the people he chatted to on the internet would have got in touch." If something were to happen to me, would my wife do anything about my online presence? I doubt it. Would she - or anyone - then be comforted by receiving something from a bunch of weirdo Trekkies three months later? I couldn't say.

Obit doesn't mention burial or cremation, perhaps we could just leave some flowers with a note. Oh, I don't know!

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps