Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 8)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Donation to some cause - or maybe something like brain cancer research in his honour?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe a printout of his memorial thread.
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was thinking that if they won't give me her contact, I would just ask for some other way to send condolences/donations. I could always leave the URL to Flare.

I don't think it's innappropriate to send condolences at this point. If I were her, I would be comforted (somewhat) to know that there are more people out there who care. Better late than never.

In any case, I plan to ask for his grave site and pay a visit this Sunday with some flowers and a printout of the memorial thread. So if there's something more you want to say, be sure to post it before Sunday morning PST.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing nothing doesn't seem right, but I don't want to bring up any more reminders to his wife. My wife would think of all the good natured ribbing we have given each other over her pogo and my sci-fi stuff on the net, making her miss me all that much more.

I like the idea of a donation to a charity though, although there are a lot to choose from. American Cancer Society maybe the best choice.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd go with a donation as well. But is there anything we can do for his daughter? I'm actually more worried about her than his wife.

Partly related to Jay, and partly to the original intention of this thread, I dragged up this old thread:
That first post...
It's probably not the first post, but it's very close. (I couldn't bring myself to necropost in a 9 year old thread!)

And poking around some more, I came across a link to this: The Behaviour Alliance
I had thought all those places were gone! BTW, I may not have registered until 2002, but I had been lurking since around 1998/1999.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Doing nothing doesn't seem right, but I don't want to bring up any more reminders to his wife. My wife would think of all the good natured ribbing we have given each other over her pogo and my sci-fi stuff on the net, making her miss me all that much more.

I don't think it's ever innappropriate to reach out and let somebody know you care. We don't need to get into details. I was just thinking of getting an address to send cards and donations. I would prefer to give donations to the family directly rather than sending it to charity, since it would be of more use to them.
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Ah, thanks for saving me the repost there.

1 or 2 or 3 is likely to be the old UBB main admin account, Admin5. Deleted, of course.

Lee is more correct, though, in terms of timeline you need to go back to the old Behaviour stuff.

I was one of the people who re-registered on the first day. My old nick here was Altair and with the first accounts being saved in alphabetical order I got the first spot after the old admin accounts. But I think there are people that re-registered with higher numbers that were around on the old Behaviour forums longer than I was.

I sometimes check back on the forums here, but after I bought a new laptop I never bothered to log in, so no-one could see I was still around. I'm more active in tabletop RPGs nowadays and use Michael Dracon as nick on many other boards as well.

And it's a shame to hear about Jay. My condolences to his friends and family.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/10/4086.html

Please leave any discussions regarding sending condolences to Jay's family on that thread.

Thanks.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm #13!

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want Ritten to say, 'Well, after due consideration I find this fact difficult to argue.', please turn to page 13.

If you want Ritten to say, "Lucky bastid.", please turn to page 42.

If you want Ritten to STFU please continue reading.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are going to print out the memorial thread? Was what I wrote OK?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I missing something? #13? Lucky bastid?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Yeah, you missed something.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Kay. Long's we're all on the same page here.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Page 8.

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps