Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Heath Ledger is Dead (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Heath Ledger is Dead
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get you on one hand, but on the other, if nobody complained about things they didn't like, well, how would get to know other people? I mean, isn't a lot of who you are expressed via your likes and dislikes?

They still don't know what it was. Autopsy, tox, crime scene investigation, all of that's still pending. They saw the ESU carrying a ladder into the building for some reason, possibly to retrieve a surveillance camera.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was mostly reacting to Dukhat's post, which was like saying you hate all Americans because you can't stand Republicans.

Yeah, people do express a lot of who they are by complaining. I tend to stay away from negative people like that, because in the midst of complaining, the person is generally self-absorbed and trying to get attention. I am not implying that's what's happening here, just explaining what complaining means to me. There's a difference between saying that something is not your cup of tea and getting all self-righteous about it. There's also a difference between venting and complaining - venting is healthy and best done in private.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
*muttered the same thing as Snay when I heard it on the Today Show this morning*

Just a thought, but perhaps this says more about yourself and Snay than it dose about Heath Ledger.
I have to admit my first thought was a selfish one. That being "bloody hell, he's only three years older than me."

As far as the Dark Knight goes, I'm huge Batman fan so I'm really looking forward to it, but no film is more important than a life.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my first thought was something like "huh, sucks for him." That's my general reaction for deaths of far-away people. Otherwise I'd get way too depressed, way too often. Maybe that's a reaction to the Iraq business, actually, because when I was younger this would have upset me.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda had a bunch all at once... Michelle and their daughter. His parents. Richard Biggs and John Ritter. "Shit, he's right in the middle of filming." Flash on all the movies he's done and how much I love A Knight's Tale. Hoping it wasn't intentional...

I already knew Dark Knight was in post.

And as further reports come in... Evidently the prescription bottles in his room had all pills accounted for, the autopsy was inconclusive, and they're waiting for the tox results.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was mostly reacting to Dukhat's post, which was like saying you hate all Americans because you can't stand Republicans.
I fail to see how you can compare your statement above with what I wrote. If I understand your reasoning, you're saying that because I don't like reading blogs, that I somehow view the world in terms of black and white, without any room for gray areas. You couldn't be more wrong about that.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to like Dukhat, until he didn't give me his Jeep. !!!!

[Wink]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well look who's decided to show up at his funeral.
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, if all it takes for someone to be cast away as a "drug abuser" or "suicide" in this country is to be found dead near several bottles of medication, then you may as well pre-sign my death certificate now.

Come on, people... regardless of who Heath Ledger was and what he means or does not mean to you, he's still a human who DIED for some reason. To assume that it was his own selfish fault, or however it was previously worded, just because our media (always 100% accurate, to say the least! [Roll Eyes] ) reported there were medication bottles near him, and then speak so harshly of him for it really upsets me.

If I died of an aneurysm in my sleep tonight, I would be found in the morning lying peacefully in my bed with no fewer than 5 bottles of prescription medications on my nightstand - three of which are scheduled drugs. Why? Because that's where I keep them. When I'm sick, they are nearby. To me, it Just Makes Sense. Would that make my natural death any less natural? Apparently by the conclusions and assumptions drawn early in this thread, it automatically would - and that saddens me.

I don't know how Heath Ledger died. It doesn't directly impact me, either. But the attitude about guilty until proven innocent that was portrayed in this room DOES bother me - as a person who DEPENDS on potent daily medications just to live a normal life, and then has other potent medications for my days of "flare ups," attitudes like the ones expressed here make me fear death - not the dying part, but the possibility that I could be taken out by some fluke of nature and rather than searching for the right answer, assumptions will be drawn that I simply "abused" my way to the grave or just couldn't take it anymore. It makes me sick, but I'm sure it happens. Hell, look at Elvis Presley - most of the world still believes he died of a drug overdose even though it's been public knowledge since shortly after his death that all of the substances in his system at the time of death were prescription and none were in quantities high enough to kill him.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_howdidelvisdie.html

It's much easier to pass judgment though and for some reason the dirty drama of a drug overdose is just a hell of a lot more fun to talk about than anything else that could kill a person.

Have some compassion. Step out of your box. Know that until you know everything, you really don't know anything.

And with that, I'm stepping out of this thread...

(BTW, this was only aimed at certain people. Hopefully they are able to figure out who they are. Doubtful that they care. And I feel that it Zachariah Hollback's death is tragic, as well. Any death is tragic... not a time to cast stones.)

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad Link, Mars. what's it about (those nut cases protestors or Lohan crying?)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admittedly, the first thing I thought was also 'I hope they finished filming for "Dark Knight"'. And, as I'm sure the sensationalist elements of the media intended, I assumed that his death was due to drug abuse. Honestly, though, so many entertainers have had substance abuse problems over the years that it has made cynics of many of us when it comes to celebrities. I'm happy to hear (well, not happy) that it appears to have been an accident.

As for his role in the upcoming Batman movie, from the sound of it Ledger really got into the Joker role (perhaps a little too much), which suggests that he really enjoyed acting and wanted to put on a good performance. It makes sense to me that any good artist would want his talents to be of such a quality that they are missed upon his passing. Since most of us never knew Ledger personally, the only way we can really mourn him is to remember how much we enjoyed his previous performances and to lament that we won't get to enjoy any more of them.

I have a feeling that the premiere of "Dark Knight" will be rather subdued.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You think with his death, the movie might get far more interest or noriaity, in a simular fashion to whats-his-name Lee died prior to 'The Crow'?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
Bad Link, Mars. what's it about (those nut cases protesters or Lohan crying?)

The link works fine for me. In any case, its about the protesters.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must've missed the "Thou shall not play homosexuals" commandment whan I was reading the Bible.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's in there, right there between "women must be eternally punished for original sin" and "procreation is only a sin if you enjoy it".

Seriously though, some of those signs say things that are totally at odds with what Christianity claims to be about. Jaded as I am, I still find that level of ignorant hypocrisy quite astonishing.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps