Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Official John C. Webb (aka Jay the Obscure) memorial thread. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Official John C. Webb (aka Jay the Obscure) memorial thread.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vaya con Dios, amigo.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have been in a few discussions with Jay (or Mr. Webb), but even if I had not, he'll be missed. Goodby.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bows head in silence as well*
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, man, damn. Same age I am.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm too recent a poster (especially an active poster) to have really known him; when I started hanging around here more often about this time last year, his thread was already fairly well-established. Still, I read the whole thing and I felt a lot of empathy, although I'm sure it's nothing to what those who knew him feel. I was still holding out a brittle hope until I came on today and saw the subject line of this thread in the "Active Topics" section.

Shine on, Jay, to whatever awaits you.

Quick additional: I wanted to repeat what was said in the other thread, and ask if anyone who lives in or near LA could see if they can get anything from the funeral home, so that we can at the very least pay our respects to his family.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Speed, Jay.

My condolences to his family.

It's sad to read of his death.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This news has taken quite a while to sink in, most likely because I was hoping it wouldn't come. So long Jay.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest in peace, Jay.
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I was afraid he had passed when he didn't return after his last post.

He and Simon were one of the first people I "hung out" with after we met in the Yahoo Star Trek chatroom. Half the time I was bored with what they were talking about when not discussing Trek (politics, history, and what not), but I remember the three of us playing 3-way Alpha Centauri once or twice. He invited me to go see one of his Civil War re-enactments, but I never did go (no car at the time). Once when I was doing a history term paper in high school, he helped me out by giving me a list of books to look up.

You will be missed, John.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay,

I wish we were both blogging the presidential campaign like we did four years ago. I think you'd be getting a real kick out of this stuff, and your commentary is missed.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I'm way behind the times. Had worried when he hadn't posted in so long.

Clear skies and following seas.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking back, I dont think I ever discussed Trek or any sci-fi with Jay- it was always his political links that inspired me to chime in with some comment.
The fact that he cared about what was going on in the world really came across for me- now I'm following real world events instead of just fictional ones...or as much as fictional events anyway.

That's something to me.

I'll miss Jay and I wish him adventure- wherever he now resides.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its been so long....RIP mate.
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just arrived back here after a long absense only to find out about Jay...I think (if my memory serves me well today) that I've had some conversations with him in this forum. Jay always came across as a decent, polite person who always had time for you. I can't say that I knew him well, but I knew him...and I am glad that I did. His passing is a very sad thing and I am sorry that he did not win his fight against cancer.

At least he is at peace now. My thoughts are with him and his family.

RIP Jay, may you forever be a part of us in our thoughts and fond memories.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps