Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So with the Writer's Strike over.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So with the Writer's Strike over....
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...what fate Omoroca? Err, that is to say, when are all of our favourite shows coming back? I found reference to two half-hour specials for BSG airing March 28, with the season premiere airing April 4. Nothing on Heroes, so far.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the writers get any good leverage? What was the outcome? Did they fold?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With BSG, the first half of season four was already in the can before the strike. It's the second half of the season that is up in the air. Hopefully they'll get back to work and we'll have a good ending to the show, since this is supposed to be the final season. Of course, they may just advertise the second half as a fifth season due to the drawn-out production.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know why Conan shaved his beard off before the strike ended, when the whole point of the beard was that he wasn't going to shave while the strike was still on?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He slipped while trimming and couldn't get it evened out properly again.

Now, if the sports teams would go on strike we would be all set.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know what they'll do with Scrubs. They still have to get in ten or so episodes, and a series finale by the end of may...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The damage has been done to several shows. Most of the shows I like have been reduced to 13-15 episode seasons.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The strike's over? Ladee frickin da!
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least writing for XI was completed before this whole strike thing. I just thought of something.
There is nothing that will piss the american populus off more than ruining their T.V., so right now, I dont think that anyone really cares much abut what the writers want anymore, just to get their favorite shows back again. All the power to the writers for striking, but the end of the season would have been preferable. They wouldn't be loathed so much. ( i'm just speaking of the opinions of those i know, so dont kill me yet) [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also is not like they don't get paid. I mean they get big bucks for scripts.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time only. Residuals are all that keep them going between scripts, and that's what the studios wanted to eliminate. Since the studios wouldn't negotiate in good faith, striking was their only option.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
The damage has been done to several shows. Most of the shows I like have been reduced to 13-15 episode seasons.

So it's like a British season.

Good thing I don't watch TV anymore.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There is nothing that will piss the american populus off more than ruining their T.V., so right now, I dont think that anyone really cares much abut what the writers want anymore, just to get their favorite shows back again."

I have to say, I've mainly heard the opposite. Most people whose opinions I've heard have said that they were glad to have an excuse to do something other than watching television.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

The only tv i really get to watch is afternoon crap, and maybe a bit o' primrtime, so I guess it does not bother me that much. But if i have to pay 20 bucks for the Scrubs direct to dvd finale, heads will roll man, heads will roll.....

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conan's show was *excellent* without writers. He was totally off-the-wall. Riding a zip-line across the audience with a smoking helmet and rocket shoes? Taking an audience member on a running tour through SNL and MSNBC? Tossing donuts at people from a desk in the back? Sure as hell better than Preparation H Raymond.

Sean: Pirate the fuckin thing [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps