Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Do you think we shall all die? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Do you think we shall all die?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all gonna die!

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking a Black Mesa-ish type of deal and weird aliens will invade and inslave to human race to which we will unite and kill with crowbars.

But thats just me.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be very surprised if it was THAT easy to destroy a universe. It'd take trillions of Mantrid one arm drones that fly around thingies.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for one, I don't think the universe's ability to be destroyed is subject to our preconceptions. For another, my poll question is more geared toward will WE die, not will the entire UNIVERSE be destroyed [Wink] I'm thinking it's much easier to destroy (or even just devastate) a planet.

Edit: I voted yes because I don't have the expertise to dismiss all the doomsday worries. I'm always concerned about things I don't understand, but which someone who does understand (or at least claims to) says may be dangerous. I think that's logical. However, Dr. Michio Kaku dismisses them all outright, and I'd trust his judgment most of all about these kinds of things. Still, I've never been one to totally ignore dire warnings - I guess I've seen too many movies [Big Grin]

[ March 31, 2008, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Butler ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't this the plot of a Stargate episode or something?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, no, this isn't a badly writing Sci Fi original where the mad scientist has to prove his point at the high chance of killing everyone and everything.

Aban, yes, a couple of badly written Sci Fi originals.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, your question is too broad. Of course we will all die, we are finite beings. Your question should be "Will we all die at our own hands?"
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see no option for "ticky." I refuse to vote without a "ticky" option.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Marsie: I thought it'd be self-evident what I meant from the article I linked to [Razz]

Shik: So that's a yes? [Big Grin]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm to dumb to realize that.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Shik: So that's a yes? [Big Grin]

No, that's me telling you there needs to be a box that says "ticky". It's standard.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, did Nostradomus predict this? He was right about pretty much everything else...

Then again, do you think scientists would actually do something that they know or even speculate could destroy the planet or the universe?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He was right about pretty much everything else..."

No.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay then.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Then again, do you think scientists would actually do something that they know or even speculate could destroy the planet or the universe?

If I was a better scientist I'd not be satisfied until I had destroyed at least a small part of the universe. The wierder physics gets the less intersted I become.

I want ray guns. Until such a time as everyone can run about pretending to be Flash Gordon without having make the noises themselves I don't want any more of that herecy from the likes of Hawking.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps