Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Do you think we shall all die? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Do you think we shall all die?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of all this - I have one site telling me there's ~32 days left till activation, and another telling me ~2. I don't know which is correct because I can't find the activation date anywhere on the official LHC or CERN sites! Does anyone know?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should all so get plastered just prior to activation: just in case.
We could try to tell everyone else at the bar how the world is ending, but who'd believe a bunch of drunk sci-geeks?

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they might have trouble even believing the drunk part.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Some say that the Large Hadron Collider will spell the end of the world. Heres my theory on how this will happen.

The LHC, which actually stands for Large Hardon Collider, will propell two large hardons towards each other at faster-than-light speeds. The result of this is that for a fraction of a second, the balls will touch but time won't have caught up and thus even though the balls are touching, it won't be gay.

The end result of this is a paradox; balls touching whilst not being gay. This will cause the immediate area to go up in a fiery conflagration that will make the Tsar Bomba H-bomb test look like a firecracker!"

-

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...isn't there some "don't-post-NSFW-pics-without-warning" rule here?

Not that I mind, you know, flying penises or whatever.

So nobody knows when it's going online then?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I don't think Flare has ever had a NSFW policy. Never needed one, really. Just like we don't have a cuss filter; everyone's mature enough.

Plus, most people that browse Flare at work don't have restrictions on content, I'd wager...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Mm, I agree, I just thought somebody mentioned such a rule at some point.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ventriloquists Got Shot:
"He was right about pretty much everything else..."

No.

True. He never predicted how popular Ophra would become, failed on SUV's replacing all other forms of mASS transportation, nor did he get it right about the Cleveland Browns winning the '07 World Series 12 games to 4... Kosar even scored a goal from a 1000' feet... in bunny slippers...

Sorry. I spent a week a sea and i'm really, really confused... LARP Navy, Baby.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Actually, I don't think Flare has ever had a NSFW policy. Never needed one, really. Just like we don't have a cuss filter; everyone's mature enough.

Plus, most people that browse Flare at work don't have restrictions on content, I'd wager...

I do have rules, but I love top break rules. I'm not supposed to use the computer for anything but work.

Main web page for the group:

http://lhc.web.cern.ch/lhc/

Project web page (I think)

http://atlas.ch/

All it says is "later in 2008"

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Kosh: Precisely :-/ No firm dates anywhere. I dunno where LHCountdown.com is getting its information...
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Date Set for Operation of Large Hadron Collider

(While I am all for editing the heck out of you people, I fear that wiping out sort-of-lame Superbad-era sensibilities would leave more dead than alive.)

I like these photos from National Geographic.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Pfft, no collisions until 'later this fall' see? STILL no firm dates for the destruction of Earth.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm always working on it. [Wink]
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

"Yes, it's the Apocalypse alright. I always thought I'd have a hand in it..."
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and in the fashion of stroking at it, right? *giggles* truely horid

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps