Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Do you think we shall all die? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Do you think we shall all die?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That'd be a hand *on* it, one would think.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'kbow...I'd personally like for the universe to end within my lifetime (thus ending it, but hey, some sacrifices gotta happen to grease the wheels).
Really...consider the magnitude of the event and the fact that the human mind can not really convieve of the world going on after it ceases to extist and you'll be forced to agree.

Of maybe I'm just a narcissistic prick.
Whatever works.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The universe always ends when you die. It's all in our heads.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speak for yourself, I plan to live forever.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Will Riker.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Damn, that was some party..."
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they tuned it on today, but we're still here. But that doesn't mean anything, because they haven't yet crossed the streams, and won't for quite some time. I really like the way this article puts it: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/10/lhc_day_is_not_today/
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biiig article in the paper today: a mention about people's fears on micro black hole creation as well.

They pointed out that a fringe of people are always concerned about such things whenever the science community is excited about a new project.
Fraidycats, that's what they are.

Of course, there's the far right that think such questions of "big" science are best left to God and research into cosmic mysteries is money wasted....taht such mysteries belong to the Allmighty alone.
Morons, that's what they are.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Humans, that's what they all are [Wink]
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if it causes the destruction of the earth, we have NOOOTHING to worry about anymore, right?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Unless black holes are interdimensional gateways to hell or something. God, that would suck and Stephen Hawking would really have egg on his face. Plus fire, brimstone, and caked filth from a thousand generations of tortured and maimed human souls.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Addendum: I have found webcams set up in the LHC which are interesting.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Oh my God, someone save the pocket protectors!
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were reports of a large gravitational disturbance occurring but it was attributed to Tim.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps