Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Weird Computer Bug (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Weird Computer Bug
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play the Starfleet Command Games and often I download new models for them. However I've noticed that my computer seems to recognize the file containing the model as an mpeg, which of course it isn't. Any way to fix this?

-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alter your file associations? Just a guess.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I do that?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right click on the file, hit properties, and you will see it there.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Nope, doesn't do it. It tells me what type of file it is but it doesn't let me change it.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right click, open with, select the program you want and tell it to always use that program. Sometimes even that doesn't work, Windows seems to really really want to open certain files with WMP no matter what I tell it...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well its set to open with another program, not WMP. Yet the files are still listed as MPEGS. God damn retard computer of mine.
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about opening up an explorer window, click tools -> Folder Options -> File Types, then look for it in the list, delete the original file association and make a new one and associate it with whatever program. See if that helps.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

That did it, thanks!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, that picture is useless with hidden extensions. Just sayin', y'know.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this seems to be the current computer help thread, does anyone know how to turn filter keys off? Sometimes I stay on the shift key too long, which appearently turns filter keys on, and then screws with my mouse clicks, and turns everything I type into capital letters, w/o the CAPS lock being on. I just had to restart my pc to turn them off, but that is a pain in the butt. Any suggestions?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Press and hold the right shift key for five seconds. That'll turn on one of the other accessibility things, which will include instructions on turning them all off.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean, you need to be a bit more shiftless in the future.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, sometimes I zone out when I'm typing, to think about what I'll type next, and my hand will fall there from habit.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps