Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What's going on here? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's going on here?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a snippet of a page of Flare.

-

Now, these characters only showed up after the server move, so I'm wondering if its connected? The bit beside "UBB Code" is supposed to be a TM and Shik is using a Mac so that might explain why its his sig that is messed up...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I noticed this too.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fixed the apostrophes earlier.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to character set HELL.

I'll see if I can figure out if it's fixable, or if the damage has already been done.

*edit*

Yay unintended consequences. The move brought over everything as UTF-8 despite the fact that it was really encoded in ISO-8859-1, which has caused all sorts of fun chaos. I've switched over to UTF-8, but existing content can't be sanely fixed now. Thankfully we should not really have TOO many instances of weird characters. Most of them will be things like "smart quotes" copied and pasted from MS Word and the like.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Character Assassin Charles
Capps!!!

Bad Characters beware!!

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
W Thankfully we should not really have TOO many instances of weird characters.

Aren't we ALL 'weird characters' for even BEING on this forum?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
Thankfully we should not really have TOO many instances of weird characters.

Aren't we ALL 'weird characters' for even BEING on this forum?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Now I'm in STEREO. - Double post.

--------------------

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

It appears that "edit" does not work.

*ccapps edit*

o rly

[ May 06, 2008, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

--------------------

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explain.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
renders phine on iPhone.

[edited for smugness] *and I can edit too.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

I tried to edit my own post and when I did, it double posted rather than editing the previous post.

[ May 06, 2008, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: WizArtist II ]

--------------------

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

You hit the "Reply with Quote" button instead of the "Edit" button.
WizArtist II
Member # 1425

OK, I have reached my "idiot" quotient for the day I believe. I could have sworn that I hit "edit" then "post". Can I restart this year?

--------------------

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.I.C.N.I.C.

*edit*

Or so it seems.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps