Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » And they say that Krispy Kreme is bad for your health. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: And they say that Krispy Kreme is bad for your health.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said "I think" it's a mid-western thing. Obviously I was uninformed.

And not all of the KK's are doing the free donut thing anymore. I think the franchises (like the one in South Bend) stopped doing it. The ones directly run by hq may still be doing it though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Wally world used to have a McDonalds. I know the super center an the sam's club near me have bakeries.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Wait, your Wal-Marts have bakeries?

Obviously there are no Walmart Supercentres where you are at.

Only one at present is in Toronto, and it is HUGE. You almost need a GPS navigation system to navigate through that mess.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ours has a bakery, Subway, hair salon, pharmacy, mechanic, grocery store, video arcade, portrait studio, optometrist, and bank.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it float and carry 80 fighter jets too? [Wink]

Around here, we call that a shopping mall.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No supercentres around here. The biggest Wal-Mart in NB is the one they just built in Fredericton. It has a TLE, hair salon, pharmacy, grocery store (minus produce and fresh meat), portrait studio, optometrist and a McDonald's.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fresh meat - right, that reminds me, there's a deli too. And a huge produce section which I frequently frequent. And the gardening department of course. And did I mention the tax prep area? That's only open during tax season, though.

Edit: And fresh seafood including live lobster.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No deli. Garden centre open in the summer. And no seafood, either. Its like a centre, without the super-.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our WMSS isn't quite that big. We've got the pharmacy, hair salon, bank, deli, bakery, so-so produce section (I prefer our local Shelton's Farmer's Market for that stuff). No fresh sea food though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

See, where I live, there isn'tmuch need for a Super Centre. THe supermarkets that are near us ( Tops and Wegmans) have better quality products most of the time, carry seafood and produce, and the plazas they are built in have pretty much everything else. And there is a Toys R Us, a Wal mart, a Mall, and other stores within a mile of each of them. There is a Super Centre in Springville, a smaller town slightly further south, which makes sense, as they don't have all these other shops near by.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well, Walmart is where everyone goes out here. It's the sticks to you urbany types. People from an hour in all directions drive in "to town" meaning this town with 15,000 residents (more 9 months out of the year when the uni is going). The Walmart is the closest thing to a shopping mall you can get without driving an additional couple of hours. Actually I think it's the only place you can even get fresh seafood here. Could be wrong.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

"Urban" ?

I live in a town of less than 3000 people.

Although, it does only take a 20 minute drive to reach the places I mentioned before.

Here in Boston, we have 2 pizza parlors, an italian restaraunt, 6 Bars, 2 gas stations, a little quickie mart, and a school. So, if you really want to get any shopping done, you have to take the 15-20 minute drive into Hamburg, or the same amount of time in the other direction to Springville, and the Wallie World super Centre.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well, I just moved here. I grew up in a town of 1200 with soybeans and corn in all directions for about 45 miles. Took about an hour to get any shopping done - here, incidentally. I considered it "moving to the city." [Razz] Nice to see another small-town kid, anyway. Tired of people calling this places with 15,000 people "tiny."
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I LOVE Wegman's. I'd go there all the time if we had one close to us.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps