Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » KEVIN!!!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: KEVIN!!!!!
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard about that one on Fox News this morning. I'd certainly agree with the dad here:
quote:
Kamens says the number of people who failed to do their jobs is "mindboggling."
BTW, the father has a blog post describing the events a bit better.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would anyone put a ten-year-old on a plane by herself in the first place?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is supposed to be programmes to allow kids to fly on their own. A member of the flight crew is supposed to be assigned to the child from departure to arrival. Somebody dropped the ball here.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Why would anyone put a ten-year-old on a plane by herself in the first place?

When I was four and my sister was seven, we flew by ourselves twice a year- shuttling between Miami and Detroit- as our parents each had custody for half the year.

We were never really too afraid and we had written instructions on where to wait when we got off the plane.
I recall always getting those little plastic planes that Delta would give to kids to play with and keep.

Though, sadly, the world has become a much more dangerous place for children since the early 80's.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, back in those days men didn't have urges because they simply had no genitals, and if they were evil they had the word "Viper" somewhere in their name so that was a nobrainer. Also, they had great posture because of the holes in their shoes.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More hilarity.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6483198.html

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Yes, back in those days men didn't have urges because they simply had no genitals, and if they were evil they had the word "Viper" somewhere in their name so that was a nobrainer. Also, they had great posture because of the holes in their shoes.

Who said it was just men responsible? Or that it's all sex related crimes?
I'm not just making generalities- crimes against children have skyrocketed in the past twenty years- yes, in part it's the media's willingness to cover such cases but the number of cases reported to authorities is shocking.

Recently, a child was tied to a tree in the heat for a day by his parents as "discipline" and died from dehydration and heat stroke.
Such things would have been a national outrage when I was a kid but hardly makes national news today.
Kids go missing and it's not even reported on the news....

It's pretty fucked up.

Of course, we tolerate people putting their children on leashes at the mall, so it's all relative.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps