Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » If eating hamburgers doesn't give you a heart attack.....

Author Topic: If eating hamburgers doesn't give you a heart attack.....
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..... then perhaps this will.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh...It doesn't look that tasty [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to spend $143 on mushrooms, you might as well buy the type that make you see funky colors.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Extremely good point. ....Americans will fucking buy anything. Especially food.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correction: Some Americans will fucking buy anything.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean, if it were one of those jumbo burgers that weighs 10 pounds and carried a prize for finishing it all. This is just for rich people to show off to poor people. Not that I'd want to eat a burger that has gold foil on it.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat healthy... I rarely get an In N Out burger even. Though the booze from last night set me back 3 months though.

I won't be buying that.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I wouldn't say that I'm the healthiest eater, but I don't pig out on junk food often. I do like chinese take away though. That's what gets me.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chinese isn't very unhealthy though; rice, chicken, veggies, etc.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

General Tso's chicken? What is it, like sugar, and hot stuff, put on fried chicken with the occasional piece of broccoli? Vegetable fried rice is good though.

Actually, now that I think of it, my achelies heel is fish & chips. That stuff is, as one friend described it, " Like an orgasm in your mouth". Only when done right though. Has to bee beer battered with thick cut fries, or home fries, with a nice coleslaw, maybe some macaroni salad, and a nice yeasty roll. Can't wait 'till Friday... [Big Grin]

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

That's one of many chicken dishes they serve in Chinese-American restaurants, yes, but "the hot stuff" is mostly garlic sauce I think. And every time I've gotten it the ratio of broccoli to chicken was 3:1 or so [Razz] I don't know about sugar...but sugar isn't inherently unhealthy, it depends on your metabolism and activity level.

Get them served in newspaper from a street vendor in England and then we'll talk [Wink]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I'd love to. I'll start swimming now.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Shoppe"

... I thought they only did that in Discworld novels.

Actually, this does sound very Ankh-Morporkian.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santana wrote: "..... then perhaps this will."

NOOOOOOO! *gets up from under stairs and swings lightsaber with renewed strength and resolve, prompting an even more dramatic music score*

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps